Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
Does the s23 not have separate volume levels for speaker/headphones/Bluetooth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
Maybe a 40% KB like this https://m.aliexpress.us/item/3256802932623629.html?gatewayAdapt=gloPc2usaMsite4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
I suggest disabling chrome completely tbh.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
Also you have to have location history on or you'll get practically no surveys.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
Google is trying to help you reduce bed time phone use.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

Looks about the same difference going from 6 to 7 and it was definitely noticeable.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

for fucks sake posted:

I've been using Nova launcher for years, but have noticed with every recent update it's been getting worse. Turns out it hasn't been updated since 2021. What's a good alternative?

Niagara launcher owns.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
This app that Teenage Engineering worked on for Pixels rules. You import videos and it chops them up so you can use the pieces for loops, along with BPM controls, 16 recordable tracks, and video editing.

Pocket Operator

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

Celexi posted:

I am still rocking my pixel 6 or when I get bored iphone 13 mini, the pixel 7 didn't persuade me, the folding one would get destroyed by me and apple now has no more mini.

The 7 was a pretty nice upgrade IME, even if on paper it wasn't much. The 8 will probably be more so.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
Any mainstream phone will be fine. Just depends what you're doing, who your target audience is, etc. Good to pick Pixels as they are the target experience for Googled Android, but you could also go for a Samsung as they're also very popular.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

D-Pad posted:

I am having a really annoying problem on my pixel 7 pro. I get no notifications for texts from my wife (using default messaging app). I get notifications normally from anybody else texting. I've been through the notification settings for the app and for the specific text conversation and everything is set normal, but for 3-4 days now whenever she texts me I have no idea unless I manually go into the conversation to look. It's really pissing her off and me as well.

Anybody experienced something like this or have any ideas? This is literally threatening the stability of my marriage lol.

Unblock your wife!

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

Bottom Liner posted:

The Android Thread: He;pl

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

VictualSquid posted:

I haven't felt a premium phone recently, but don't they all feel bad to hold since wireless charging became popular?

Only if you put a case on them.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
My Pixel buds A are better in just about every way compared to the Pros except for the once in awhile the noise cancelling comes in handy like in an airplane or public transit. A shame really considering the price difference. If I hadn't got them on steep discount I definitely would've returned them.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

Sab669 posted:

I did wipe down the buds + case and have also been giving the buds a little extra "push" down into the case and so far haven't had any issues yet this week. I did buy the extra foam tips they sell that are a bit more bulky than the standard rubber ones, maybe those necessitate that little extra shove to get them fully down in the case :shrug:

The tips not allowing the buds to fully seat into the case is what I'd put my money on.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

bull3964 posted:

Wow, the hinge on the z Flip 5 feels completely different from the z flip 4.

How about mouthfeel?

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

WattsvilleBlues posted:

UK network supremacy 4 ever. Must be a pain in the tits to have to check what bands a phone supports.

It's been at least 5-10 years since I have considered this in the US, maybe more.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
RSS stays winning.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Firefox works well for sharing tabs between my devices, try that, with uBlock Origin installed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
Samsung does nothing better except maybe hardware. I've dealt with enough "only broken on Samsung" bugs at work to last a lifetime.