Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragaduffin
Nov 28, 2007
Far out dude

gramlock posted:

The Xperia Z3 - am now on my 2nd replacement and considering requesting a 3rd. First phone had dead pixel, the second's magnetic port started failing, as has its replacement. Seriously worrying about Sony's build quality and whether I'm setting myself up for disappointment by exchanging again.

When in a charging cradle I have to tilt the phone forward to get it to charge and when using a small clip on magnetic charger on the end of the micro-usb I have to do similar, and can only sometimes get it to stay charging if I leave it just so on a flat surface.

Not to mention a problem with 3g signal refusing to reconnect if I've gone somewhere without signal and then back somewhere with signal, though I'm hoping this was a software issue that I've now fixed by repairing the phone software.

Is this in the US? I haven't had the signal problems with the T-mobile Z3, nor the magnetic charging going bad. How does the charging screwing up start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragaduffin
Nov 28, 2007
Far out dude

WattsvilleBlues posted:

A work friend is looking for a new phone. He's on a Samsung Galaxy S4 that's giving him problems. I suggested a Moto G 3rd generation but getting the 16GB/2GB RAM model is getting tricky. His cost ceiling is pretty low. I'd like to recommend a phone with 2GB RAM and either 32GB onboard storage or 16GB with adoptable storage with an SD card.

I think he wants to pay upfront without getting a new contract. Suggestions?

I believe the Pixel is "half off" through t mobile if they are able to switch to that. It's a billing reduction though, so would still be relatively expensive upfront.

Ragaduffin
Nov 28, 2007
Far out dude

ilkhan posted:

Same here.

Could it be action launcher is installed somehow? I think I recall it having similar sounding panels.

Ragaduffin
Nov 28, 2007
Far out dude

Branch Nvidian posted:

If anyone is planning to buy a Pixel 4/4XL from Google's store, I just got a promo code that will give you and myself $50 in Google Play credit. Just enter it at checkout.
0UFQ7BELIRF9UYBVPF1ZYGK

Let me add to this, got one of the same and it was too late for me, so go wild internet.

3OAM33Z7WWRIOBXZGDJNFI8

Ragaduffin
Nov 28, 2007
Far out dude

sourdough posted:

T-Mobile is giving me $450 for a Pixel 5, half as one time credit half as 24 month bill credit, so guess I'm preordering through them

Have you succeeded in doing so? I get to the trade in screen and get an error about page loading. The text, before it refreshes, is correct - 450$ off with trade in. (or up to 900 if you pay for magenta max [no thanks]). Haven't been able to get any sort of order in tho.

Ragaduffin
Nov 28, 2007
Far out dude

sourdough posted:

Yeah, went through without much issue. It did give me an error when I first tried to a trade in when you can first click that (on the store page maybe?), but I just ignored it and there's another spot during check out that you can pick a line to upgrade and that worked first time.

Huh, no luck here, no matter how I try and get through to it. It brings up the line selector page and crashes there. Whether I go through the upgrade route on account page or through the store. Just have to keep trying I guess.

Ragaduffin
Nov 28, 2007
Far out dude

Skwirl posted:

So in a move a couple years ago I lost my Samsung tablet, then when I moved again I found it, and it seems to work fine except it won't connect to the internet. It can connect to wifi networks, but can't get on the internet.

I assume it needs a firmware update, but all the places I find when I just google "Samsung firmware" seems sketchy as poo poo. What's a good place to get firmware updates for a tablet that can't connect to the internet? It's a galaxy tab a model SM-T510 if that matters, no cell connection, just wifi.

Is the system clock correct, that can also be an issue. (At least it has been for me in the past)

Ragaduffin
Nov 28, 2007
Far out dude
I just got this too, except I was gesturing back in the awful app when it appeared, so it immediately went away. Full screen notification, saw the word Bluetooth, but the gesture made it go away. Wtf google.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragaduffin
Nov 28, 2007
Far out dude

Lowen SoDium posted:

This is exactly what I think was happening to me since my wife is the person I message the most.

Alt theory, Google A/B testing is enabling wife DND mode powered by AI.

This is what was happening to me - Pixel 6 Pro. Saw notification appear - then disappear. Closed Messages in browser, notifications behaved normally. Opened it back up and error reappeared. Feel like messages on the web may have updated recently, so I guess they broke some poo poo.