Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolyDukeNukem
Sep 10, 2008

DaveSauce posted:

That's good to know. Is there any reason to get a new SIM card? Every time I've bought a new phone I've done it at a Verizon store...I am utterly clueless as to the process and I'm sure I've paid a lot more than I've needed to over the years.

No reason at all. At least with my XL I just pushed into a little hole with a paper clip and it pops out a tray for the sim card. Just lay the old sim card in there and that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolyDukeNukem
Sep 10, 2008

bull3964 posted:

Keep in mind that a 12mp sensor is significantly higher resolution than a 4k video. I doubt they are capturing over the whole sensor, but the OIS might get it to the point where they only have to capture at slightly higher than 4k for the EIS crop to not lose anything.

It's not significantly higher. Depending on the aspect ratio of the sensor. A sample resolution of a 12mp sensor would be 4200x2800. 4k resolution is 3840x2160. It's a difference, but that is reasonably close in resolution. 10 mp would produce a resolution of 3648x2736 which means that the minimum size to produce 4k video would be a 12mp sensor. It's why the iphones couldn't do 4k until they upgraded the back camera to 12mp.

HolyDukeNukem
Sep 10, 2008

I played around with a pixel 2 in a Verizon store this Friday. They were pretty much as click as my pixel xl