Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just upgraded my Moto G to Lollipop. It looks great, but it hosed up my notification led. Even though it's turned on in the settings, it doesn't blink when I receive messages etc. Is this normal or am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

LastInLine posted:

Ate you using Light Flow or just stock?

Just stock. I like to put my phone on silent, not even vibrate and place it on my desk while I work. Then I can just occasionally check if I have any messages. Really got used to that, so it's a bit annoying that it's not working properly at the moment.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Wait, if you upgrade from 4.4 to 5.0 and then do a factory reset, your phone will still have version 5.0? I'm thinking of resetting my phone too, lagging like crazy ever since I updated. I have a Moto G by the way.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I did a factory reset of my Moto G and I was pleasantly surprised how smooth everything went. It auto-downloaded like all of my stuff and I only had to re-organise my apps etc. Didn't really expect that.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Is there any word on 5.1.1 for the first gen Moto G? The memory issues are really apparent on it, even after a factory restore.

Nope, those memory issues were the reason I did a factory reset. Hoped they would be fixed :negative:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Is there a release date for the Moto G 2 gb RAM version? Only one I've found is 'later this year'.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lol, that's insane. You guys know the world doesn't end when your phone battery is empty right?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I have a stupid problem, I can't seem to find my music :confused: I downloaded some albums through the Play Music app, and when I want to use one of those songs as my alarm signal (using Alarm Clock Plus), I can't find the music. It's not in the downloads folder or anything. Suggestions on how I can find it back?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

CLAM DOWN posted:

Blatant sexism and disgusting manipulative marketing practice should not be glanced over as a "stupid misstep"......

I swear, goons will excuse anything.

Lol :qq: but the marketing is manipulative!

What marketing isn't? That's literally all marketing is about.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

RVProfootballer posted:

Show us your tits for an invitation to buy our phone, literally all marketing is about. But you're right, that is pretty inconsequential compared to their garbage quality control and customer support.
Lol, that's not what I said at all.

CLAM DOWN posted:

You're actually retarded.

This is though.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
My girlfriend picked up a Huawei P9 Lite today to replace her ancient Samsung. MY first impressions are that it's a good phone and now I also want to buy one to replace my Moto G :) Am I an idiot? Are there other phones I should consider in the 2-300€ range?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
What is the best phone for around €300? I have a Moto G (2nd or 3rd gen, I don't even know anymore) that is starting to show it's age. My girlfriend recently got a Huawei P9 Lite and she seems happy with it. It seems a bit big to me, but looking around, nearly every phone these days is that size.
I did see a HTC One mini 2 in a store this weekend, it seemed like a perfect size, but I looked it up and it seems dated, so I didn't buy it.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

SpookyLizard posted:

Yeah, I don't know what your moon dollars convert to in real money but a g4 or g4 plus is probably well within your budget. I really like my axon 7, but that might be out of your budget.

It's about $320 :) The axon 7 is more, the axon 7 mini is in my budget. I'll look into that and the G4 plus.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Sooooo, just received my Huawei P9 Lite and the receiver doesn't seem to be working. If I put it on speaker, I can hear people just fine, but if I don't there's only silence. Could there be some stupid setting? Or is this a hardware problem? I'd like to be sure before I send it back.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Having a second phone in your car at all times seems like a stupid idea. I wouldn't park my car while there's a phone visible on the dashboard. Even if it's a cheap phone, having to replace your windshield or lock because someone tried to steal it sucks and costs money. Unless you hide the phone somewhere, but that defeats the entire purpose, since that phone won't be easily accessible and you might as well just stop being so incredibly lazy and just mount and unmount your phone whenever you hop in your car.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I dropped my Huawei P9 Lite in the toilet last night, it's sitting in rice at the moment, but I think it's dead.
Anyway, I was looking for a replacement, and it seems the new Huawei is the Huawei P20 Lite. What happened to those 11 P's? Did I miss a ton of phones?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Skarsnik posted:

That's just a waste of rice, stick it somewhere warm with decent airflow

I'm pretty sure it's too late :( I can see condensation on the lens of the front camera. Doubt that's a good sign.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
My phone just upgraded to android pie and I hate it. Get off my lawn drat kids! :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Please elaborate!

The awful app icon is square now