Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

GWBBQ posted:

For people with a Nexus 6, is the front-facing camera perfectly centered under the cutout in the glass or slightly off? Mine is just a bit off and while it's not causing any problems, it concerns me a little as far as build quality.

Mine is perfectly centered. I had an issue where it restarted itself a handful of times but I'm not sure what caused it and it hasn't happened in a week or two with nothing having changed. Still on 5.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

DangerZoneDelux posted:

It breaks my head to think that my Nexus 6 left China on 12/29 and was delivered this morning.

Anybody add a tempered glass to one yet? Not sure which one to order off amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QN2X718/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the one I have and it is great. Their initial release had problems as I understand it but this revision is perfect as far as I can tell.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009
My Nexus 6 downloaded 5.0.1 today. Hopefully it fixes the self restarting that happens to me at least once a week. =/

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

Variable_H posted:

I really don't get the removable battery thing. It's like "hey, we know the battery life is poo poo, so have another!" Seems to me that making a built in one that lasts a decent amount of time is better than giving you the option to swap out inferior ones.

And the cloud stuff actually works pretty well.

Some people just want backup batteries like if they know they're going to be away from a charger for some time or if the battery is broken in some way. Batteries being removable and their quality are unrelated.