Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Desk Lamp posted:

Honestly, if the price of everything Samsung does better

To each his own, but I find that list to be rather sparse and half baked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I feel like most of the really egregious stuff has been resolved. What's left though feels like friction against my preferred design philosophy which, funny enough, has hardened me even more against using them as my daily device.

Take, for example, its insistence on putting marker dots on everything when sometime is added or changed. New quick tile available, add a dot on the quick settings edit button. New sub menu, dot. Same thing on the watch, if one of the tiles updates or you install an app that adds a tile or one updates, dot.

Like, right now my "Add tiles" button on my galaxy watch has a red dot on it (and the last position marker is also red) because apparently Google maps updated so the tile updated.

It's a completely minor thing that in no way affects functionality, but it bugs the ever loving poo poo out of me because I feel compelled to clear it. It's like my device is some needy thing, vying for my attention. See, look at the new thing I have, look!

OnePlus does something similar by putting a dot on apps that have updated since you last opened them. I.dont.care. All I see is now some apps have something that needs to be cleared. If I wanted to see what apps recently updated, I would go to the play store and see.

All of this stuff runs counter to the device being a bit of tech that blends into the background, only being relevant when you want it to be. Useless background noise that adds nothing to the experience.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I just can't with iOS's notification system. It's poo poo. It's always been poo poo, it will likely always be poo poo.

Now with this eSIM only crap since last year, it really doesn't matter. I can't even entertain the idea of iPhone tourism because it would be too much of a PITA to switch back and forth.