Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

:getout:

Athenry posted:

Its too bad tabs merged with apps just ends up with me having 16 tabs open and none of them ever closing cause that's pretty neat.

chrome -> settings -> merge tabs -> off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

No ss cause I can't atm.

Antutu: 52888

e: Nexus 6

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

bull3964 posted:

So, at least with me, Verizon risks hundreds of dollars of services a month by loving with my plans. I'm at a peaceful standoff with them right now in that what I'm getting isn't costing me a whole lot when it's all totaled up. But it's like a jenga structure. Pull one block wrong and the whole thing collapses.

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Pro-tip: do not use Verizon auto-billing for FIOS. Just pay it manually every month. When you end your service and they charge you an insane number for "equipment return fees" and then promise to reimburse you when they get it back you can just say "nope, not paying that" and return the hardware prompty and be done with them. Any other process results in you having to fight them for months to get your $300 back.

I use auto billing for nothing.

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

Ochowie posted:

I hate to do this, but I might "rent" the N6 from Best Buy and see if it really is too big. My main concern is that the 6+ sticks out of the pocket of some of my jeans so the N6 might be way too big. The Moto stuff along with Moto Maker is what keeps pulling me towards the X.

Well since the N6 is taller/wider than the 6+, the issue of it not quite fitting snugly in your pockets may very well persist.

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

All your tears fuel my Nexus 6. Delicious.

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

It would be so nice if advanced calling 1.0 worked on my Nexus 6 :allears:

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

It's finally fixed!!!

What album cover is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

X-posting from the VZW wireless thread.

Updated to 5.1! Turns out I didn't need to use *#*#4636#*#*. When advanced calling 1.0 was first released I added it to my account in anticipation for 5.1. I'd imagine that's why that dialer code wasn't needed. Although it is handy for manually selecting your network. Much like the old HTC LTE on/off app. Could prove handy for people who swap sims on the reg with an unlocked 5.1 android phone. Trap phone anyone? Anyway, happy to report that simultaneous voice/data works with my play store N6 + advanced calling 1.0. Been missing this a lot since upgrading from my razr maxx hd. Finally no more dropped internet while hotspotting and receiving phone calls.