Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Thinking about picking up a Pixel to replace my aging Turbo. Is there any actual difference, e.g. did all the nerd hand wringing about Verizon not pushing updates come to fruition or was that just typical Android Tech Rag nerd angst? I'm not too exited about waiting for the Play Store to get them back in stock.

I have Verizon in case that wasn't clear from the above question, they have it in stock, Google has not for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Any recommendations for 'right angle' USB C chargers for the Pixel 2 XL? The wall sockets closest to my preferred charging location result in the cord getting smashed right at the plug l, 90° up/down or left/right would be much preferable, so long as the cord is perpendicular to the prongs.

I don't have much of a preference for USB-C to USB-C or USB-B to USB-C but would prefer to have something quick charge compatible.

The person back on 1097 that asked about whether all cables are created equal didn't appear to really have their question answered in full either.

SeaborneClink fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Oct 27, 2017

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

LastInLine posted:

Why not just get a flat plug extension cord and plug that into the wall?

Edit:

Now I follow the link...

Because I need to plug two in.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Android thread as helpful as ever. Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Also face down. I assumed it was just an extra precautionary step to protect the screen during shipping..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Just got a Pixel 2 XL back from SquareTrade that's doing the whole screen strobe when the screen is turned off. I assume the correctest answer here is to insist they they again, any other suggestions?

I factory reset the device upon receipt and it's up to current 8.1.0. It's sporadic but still very obnoxious, and will sometimes just flash when something occludes the prox sensor.