Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly
A good tempered glass screen protector can feel as good or better than the actual screen because a oleophobic coating will wear off over time but you can just replace a screen protector to reset it. Honestly it makes no sense to not take $15 insurance out on your $600 toy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

HANG 'EM HIGH

bull3964 posted:

Still don't like them because you catch your finger on the edge of them while using gestures

Not if you use them with a case (with a lip)

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

HANG 'EM HIGH

People still email photos in TYOOL 2022?

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

HANG 'EM HIGH

regulargonzalez posted:

"How do I do X?"

-Well, I have no way of knowing your use case but the only possible answer is 'don't do x'

Stack Overflow is leaking.

In any event OP, an app like Photoshop Express can resize or save in higher jpg compression via the three-dot menu.

I mean it's worth talking about better ways of doing things, especially when that thing is something people have been insisting on doing in a very cumbersome way for a while now.

Uthor posted:

Yes. People I email photos to do not tend to open links to photo albums on the web, my mom would just be confused if I did this and call me to ask what she should do. I'd rather send a few for them to actually see. They're all old and don't do social media.

I also email photos of work stuff to my work email so I can open them on the computer and save them on the network. That's about as far as I want to connect my personal phone with my job.
Tell her to literally click on the link in the email you send. Hell, you can even make it a button/image with a url attached. It could not get easier, and it won't junk up her inbox or yours! As for sending stuff to work, you can use Google Drive or an ftp service over a shared network or one of about a million free file hosting sites for that.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

HANG 'EM HIGH

Detective Thompson posted:

I've got an S21 and I've had a problem with gmail not updating for one of the two accounts I use. One of them is current in terms of the most recent emails I've received being available, but the other, which is the main one I use, has the newest email being from February. I've deleted the cache, which is how the other address actually became current, but it didn't get the main account up to date for whatever reason. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? The phone is running Android 12/ One UI 4.1.

check the battery optimization settings for the app maybe? Dunno, gmail does this on my OnePlus 5T too sometimes and I've never really figured it out but am guessing it has something to do with background battery saving shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

HANG 'EM HIGH

Volguus posted:

I got from work a brand new Samsung phone (not flagship, something lovely but better and newer hardware than my Pixel) and while the hardware seems fine, the software, their software specifically, annoys me to no end. Buggy, weird decisions made in certain corner cases, unexpected behaviour (to me, coming from Pixel), and so on.

Honestly, the only samsung phone that I'll ever get in the future would be a free one given by work, not me paying for it. I put up with it, if I have to, but nothing more.

I feel like installing a custom launcher would "hide" like most things I theoretically wouldn't like about a Samsung phone? That could be very naive though.