Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalenden
Oct 30, 2012
So I'm on a stock Samsung S7 Edge in Belgium ( G935FXXU1BPJJ ) and I haven't received the Nougat update yet in an over-the-air firmware update, it is taking very long.

I am thinking of flashing/updating it myself but don't want to void warranty, trip knox and I'd still like to get official Over-the-air firmware updates as I used to. Is this possible? I'm unsure and finding contradictory info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenden
Oct 30, 2012
I will soon get the S10e and was wondering for best practices coming from an S7 Edge. Any and all advice is welcome, considering the old phone and the new phone.

In particular:

(1) Things to do or know or configure with the new S10E

(2) Best practices in moving my data. For instance, game data (all the gained powerups in Candy Crush!) is preserved. I want to migrate some but not all of my apps. I've read Smart Switch is not that good so not sure on how to approach that.

But beyond this, again, all advice and tips welcome! Been a while since I switched phones.