Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I got the first gen Moto G about two years ago and I think I'm ready for an upgrade--it's starting to get a bit sluggish on newer apps. Is there a new go-to recommendation for a reliable budget phone? Are the new Moto Gs any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

been having an issue with the audio in my moto g4. For the last day or so, I haven't really been hearing any audio at all until I reboot into safe mode. is there any way I can pinpoint what's muting my phone?

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

dhamster posted:

been having an issue with the audio in my moto g4. For the last day or so, I haven't really been hearing any audio at all until I reboot into safe mode. is there any way I can pinpoint what's muting my phone?

Well, I tried a few things, including a factory data reset from the 'settings' menu, and I can't quite get a handle on what's happening. Sometimes the phone will boot up and play the 'hello moto' thing out of the speakers, and I'll hear some stuff out of the speakers or earpiece, but a minute later it'll all be completely silent again. I tried doing the factory reset in the boot menu, but all I got was a 'no command' error, with the Android mascot lying on his back.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

how does the Moto g4 compare to the LG G4? I only ask because I ordered a Moto G4 off ebay for $90 and I was sent an LG G4 instead. The LG G4 seems to have better specs?

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Having some issues with my current phone so I've been looking into getting a Moto G5. Is it expected to drop in price or go on sale soon with the G5S coming out? It looks like I missed a pretty decent sale a couple weeks ago, but Amazon has it back at $220 again. I don't want to wait super long because my phone is only semi-usable in its current state.