Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Fhqwhgads posted:

Not sure if this goes here or the headphones thread, but I'm using a pair of Galaxy Buds+ with my Pixel 7 Pro and is it normal for BT to have a massive amount of audio lag? I feel it's like a full second behind what I'm seeing on the screen.

I have 3 different versions of the pixel buds and they all do this too. I think it's just a bt thing, at least in my experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Desk Lamp posted:

So you know how you can set your profile picture on Galaxy phones and when you call other Galaxy users your picture shows on their end? Samsung had a bunch of animated options, and around the Note 8 or 9, I chose this strange white cat profile pic that moved up and down weirdly. It was always fun taking people by surprise the first time you called them.

Well, back on the Fold 3, I was playing around with the animated options and switched to some guys having a beer. I didn't realize the Fold 3 didn't have the cat as an option, and I haven't seen it since in any newer phones either. Anyone I mention this to thinks I'm just describing a fever dream. Is the only way to get the cat back to find an old Note? Googling for cat gifs is as futile an endeavor as you might imagine, there's only roughly half a trillion of them.

I figure most people here won't have the slightest clue what I'm talking about, but maybe someone remembers that weird rear end cat.

I have an old note 8 with a cracked screen somewhere. if I can find it I'll try to look for what you're talking about.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Pvt. Parts posted:

I feel like installing a custom launcher would "hide" like most things I theoretically wouldn't like about a Samsung phone? That could be very naive though.

the last Samsung I had was filled to the brim with bloat, so a new launcher, while possibly making it look nice, probably wouldn't have done much for the bad experience overall.