Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Lowen SoDium posted:

1% of Note 7's get rid of it on their own.

In the only appropriate way, cleansing fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

If Samsung Note7 begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-38404711

loving :laffo:

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

You could say that flight got Samsung'd.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Is double tap to wake just not a thing anymore? I just got a Xperia XA Ultra and I was told it had it but I can't find the option for it. Its kind of an important accessibility feature for me.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

The Duggler posted:

Get a pixel XL

Man, I wish. No budget for that tho :negative:

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

bull3964 posted:

Just saw an Android Central article talking about chargers and discovered that both OnePlus and Huawei have their own proprietary standards as well.

We're so hosed on charging.

How in the hell is charging a battery so goddamned difficult? :psyduck: I shouldn't have to do this much research just to buy a loving USB cable.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

cage-free egghead posted:

A year is a hell of a long time for me to keep a phone

:psyduck:

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

cage-free egghead posted:

I've been buying a different phone ever 3-6 months for like 5 years now. Used to work in retail sales and just have a general interest with them.

I'm just so used to finding a phone I like, keeping it for 2 years and upgrading when my contract expires. But if phones are super-your-thing then wanting the latest and greatest makes sense if you can afford it.

My carrier doesn't offer the Pixel. Canadian wireless! :negative:

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

CLAM DOWN posted:

It's on Rogers, Bell, Telus, Koodo, and Fido subsidized, or just buy it outright considering how high the contract price is. That's not a legit complaint about Canadian telecoms, availability of the Pixel is fine, instead choose one of a billion other things to dislike.

Ya its everything else thats bad :v:

Buying it outright is not an option, I don't have the money for that, and I'm not going back to Robelus for phone service.

I'm just jealous of all you Pixel-havers. :smith:

edit: jesus christ that fingerprint sensor

XYZ fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 27, 2017

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

wandler20 posted:

I'm dumb and bought an LG G5 after having great luck with the G3. My third replacement is supposed to be arriving today and I really don't know what to do with this loving phone. I don't follow the phone game much but is it common for a phone to be so unreliable?

Sup G5 buddy, still on my first wish me luck.

Ihmemies posted:

Oneplus is being oneplus again:

lmao

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

CLAM DOWN posted:

According to MKBHD, Samsung has disabled the ability to remap the Bixby button on the S8 (which people were changing to Google Assistant) :lol:

Samsung'd again :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

I replace my phone every two years with nothing wrong with the previous, come at me.

Imagine caring about this.