Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery

TraderStav posted:

Just dropped my Z3C, but the tempered glass protector took all of the damage. Best $10 I've spent, time to order a new one! It did it's job admirably!

I messed up the adhesive on my Ultimate Shield tempered glass protector. Totally my fault for trying a wet application and trying to wipe dust off the adhesive side. I emailed them to ask if I could do anything to make it look less terrible and they just sent me another one, no charge. Great company.

Someone in the last thread suggested lining the screen protector up and taping one side down as a kind of hinge so that everything is already lined up when removing the backing on the adhesive side. This works brilliantly; tape it down, flip it over, clean the screen, remove the backing, flip it back, and tap the center. Since glass protectors are rigid, the entire thing adheres if you just apply a little pressure right in the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Insane Totoro posted:

So one month after getting my Z3 Compact, here are my impressions:

9. Availability of cases and accessories is a little slim.
I recently picked up one of these for use with the magnetic charger and it's great. Much easier to get into position than the ebay Chinese cable I was using before and the magnet is really strong. The X2 version has plenty of clearance for a case. Highly recommended, because it means you don't have to deal with the flap over the USB port anymore.

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

zenintrude posted:

Why do Android phone manufacturers refuse to make phones worth owning smaller than 5"? The M7 at 4.7 is already almost too large for a pocket once it's in a decent case, but these 5" and up phones are just too much. The Evo at 4.3 was a great size and (for the time) quite a powerful device... why are we not seeing more manageable-sized phones with flagship specs? Do they simply need more space for the components and screen size is simply a byproduct?
You want a Sony Z3 Compact.