Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I'm wanting to replace my Nexus 5, but the 5x is unimpressive (to me) for the cost, and the 6p is huge. I'm looking at the unlocked international version of the Galaxy S6 on Amazon for like $500. Is that kind of my best bet for a high-end contemporary phone right now, if I want it on something like Cricket (which I use now)?

Sidenote: how do I get updates on the Galaxy if I'm not on a "real" carrier?

ShaneB fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Anyone have a suggestion for a 2-port adaptive fast charge S7 compatible charger? Both for the car and for home/travel. My SO and I took advantage of the BOGO verizon deal and are happy owners of some S7's, so I want to take advantage of the charging speed possibilities.

I'm looking at this one for the car: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019OSX8UC?psc=1&smid=A142BGUZC6UH73

ShaneB fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 20, 2016

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

So on my S7, after I get a gmail notification, I might read it on my desktop. Even after being read, the notification still sticks on my phone. This used to not happen on my old Nexus 5.

Help!

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I have had this issue across like 3-4 android phones of multiple generations and still can't figure this poo poo out:

If I am chatting in hangouts on my computer through Gmail, WHY DO I STILL GET NOTIFICATIONS ON MY PHONE?? Please if you know how to make this stop let me know.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

bull3964 posted:

If you keep the chat window in focus on the browser, it shouldn't notify. Otherwise, if it's not in focus, all it knows is you haven't read the message, so it will notify on all devices. It's working as it should.

It's in focus. I'm typing in it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Trip report:

After having 2 terrible Pixel 2XL's I said gently caress it and got the Pixel 2.
I am very happy now.

Pokemon Go looks much smaller than on the 2XL or Samsung S7 but that's about the only gripe I have. Literally everything else about this phone is fantastic. I don't even mind the bezels.

Knowing the bezels hold awesome front stereo speakers makes me not care.