Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

codo27 posted:

You guys cant be getting these night sight photos just by pointing and shooting? I haven't had any elegant scenes to capture but in general use haven't had similar results so far.

Try it with an elegant scene. It's witchcraft, I'm telling ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I've noticed a few dropped frames here and there with this Pixel 3 and the last one, but the Pixel 2 rarely had this.

Anyone else seeing something similar?

How can you tell that it's dropping frames?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

ThermoPhysical posted:

Crossposting from the Fi thread for the very few phones that use it:

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/01/14/google-fi-announces-rcs-support-rolls-out-4g-lte-coverage-in-33-more-countries/

Fi now has carrier wide RCS.

However, this means nothing considering that only the Pixel 3 on Verizon can use RCS and I think T-Mobile....about it.

Sprint supports some version of RCS but I don't know if it's interoperable.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Calaveron posted:

Isn't there a rumored diet pixel 3 coming out

Yes, but it looks to be targeted at India.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Is this the correct place to ask about phone problems? My Pixel 3 has begun doing this weird thing where the bottom half of the screen flashes every now and again when the adaptive display feature is on. Have people been seeing this? What's the fix for this meant to be?

Tell Google your phone is broken

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Skarsnik posted:

Anyone else getting dark text on a dark background when searching from the home screen search bar using the dark theme on 10?

Are you on the Google app beta?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Soul Glo posted:

S21 Ultra in hand. Just 7 more hours of work until I can play with it :argh:

Phone big.

Sup new ultra buddy.

Phone big. Phone heavy. I need a stronger magnet mount for my car.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Soul Glo posted:

So on my new S21 I'm having an annoying "feature" keep cropping up. I drive for work and use maps and listen to podcasts on a bluetooth speaker and somehow the phone is hearing the podcast and interpreting voice commands.

I'll be driving and suddenly the phone is defining a word it just heard. Or suddenly searching, and failing, to find a nearby movie theater.

How the gently caress do I turn this crap off? I already turned Google Assistant off and it's still happening. Not seeing anything when I search voice in options.

I don't want my phone using my microphone at all unless I'm on a call or recording a video, basically.

e: just found the Permission Manager and revoked the Google app's permission to the microphone. Hopefully that works. So frustrating.

Are you sure it's not Bixby?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

dissss posted:

The problem with S Pen support on the S21 is there isn't a little silo on the phone to store it.

Yeah, you can buy a case with a pen slot but that adds more width to the side of an already large device.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

smoobles posted:

I keep saving a website shortcut to my home screen, and every time I reboot my phone it's gone. Anyone know what to do here?

stop rebooting your phone

but really, what awful device do you own?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Artelier posted:

Is there any way to replicate Oneplus gestures in my new Samsung S21? Or reduce the size of the gesture? I like OP's swipe up from bottom left or bottom right to go back since I use my phone with either hand.

The S21's got a similar thing, but swiping in from either edge of the screen instead of upwards from the corner. Fine, I can deal and build the muscle memory...but the swiping in gesture goes so far up the screen that if I have any other app that has a swiping inwards gesture (which I normally do from the middle of the screen), the Back button overrides the app. If there is a way to reduce the gesture detection size then that works too

Go in your settings, search for Edge Panels, then find the Handle section where you can adjust the size and position.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

hooah posted:

Whatever happened to Google using Duplex to determine store hours for holidays?

Just last month Google Duplex called my office to confirm hours. It was weird but cool I guess.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

zaepg posted:

Well I've narrowed it down to who it was who attempted to blackmail me and texted my dad pictures of my dong.

It's been three days now, and I've tried to sweep this dumb poo poo aside, but it's not going away easily with time.
He works about three miles from where I live and is a doctor, who likely earns gently caress ton of money.
He is in a position of power.
This guy has a home, a wife, ect.
At this point I don't give a gently caress about a picture of my dick on the internet. I want to confront him personally and make public to his coworkers that he is a doctor who catfishes and blackmails people in his local area at 4am in the morning, and has likely done this on a reoccurring basis for quite sometime.

I for one believe this 100% true story with all of my heart.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

bull3964 posted:

Long press on the play store and drag the "My Apps" to your home screen.

This works, but in the new design you still have to press two more buttons to see the updates.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

bull3964 posted:

I'm only seeing one, the details button.
https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/06/15/google-play-stores-latest-redesign-will-leave-you-scratching-your-head/

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Tim Whatley posted:

I just ordered one of the Moment cases because it has magsafe built in, and there's plenty of magsafe wallets that aren't Apple branded. I think is the 3rd or 4th case I've ordered and I don't have the phone yet.

The Popsocket wallet is what I use with my Moment S21 ultra case. The Moment case magnets aren't quite as strong as the iPhone but unless you're fastballing your phone into a wall it should hold fine.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Not an empty quote. Pixel 6 is the choice.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

KinkyJohn posted:

Which phone has the best 3d scanning capability? For using lidar to scan 3D assets and environments.

Any iPhone with FaceID

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Busy Bee posted:

Can someone explain to me how magsafe works with the new Samsung S23 lineup? I can see that there are magsafe cases for the S23 Ultra and wondering how it works. I get that you'll be able to use magsafe accessories but will it mess up wireless charging with the current Samsung wireless charging stand and pad that they offer?

I can also see magsafe stickers on amazon where you can just add the sticker to your non magsafe case.

magsafe cases will be fine with any wireless charger.

the stickers are very hit or miss in terms of their, uhh, stickiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Qmass posted:

I dunno what you call it on android, the app switching screen (like alt-tabbing on windows) I would like it if it displayed a grid of maybe 8 panes all at once instead of having to scroll through nearly full sized screenshots

is that possible?

do you have a Samsung phone? it's possible with Good Lock and the Home Up module.