Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steamed horse
Dec 4, 2004

The Xperia Z3 - am now on my 2nd replacement and considering requesting a 3rd. First phone had dead pixel, the second's magnetic port started failing, as has its replacement. Seriously worrying about Sony's build quality and whether I'm setting myself up for disappointment by exchanging again.

When in a charging cradle I have to tilt the phone forward to get it to charge and when using a small clip on magnetic charger on the end of the micro-usb I have to do similar, and can only sometimes get it to stay charging if I leave it just so on a flat surface.

Not to mention a problem with 3g signal refusing to reconnect if I've gone somewhere without signal and then back somewhere with signal, though I'm hoping this was a software issue that I've now fixed by repairing the phone software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steamed horse
Dec 4, 2004

Ragaduffin posted:

Is this in the US? I haven't had the signal problems with the T-mobile Z3, nor the magnetic charging going bad. How does the charging screwing up start?

No, the UK. I have an official charging dock which started out fine, then it just suddenly stopped connecting unless I tilted the phone forwards and held it there, literally one day it worked then the next it didn't. Likewise a 3rd party magnetic clip started being difficult to position properly to keep it connected. Bear in mind my partners x3 works correctly so I know it's not the accessories.

I'm hoping that doing a software repair on the phone has sorted the signal issue, if it has I'm going to have to decide whether to limp along with this phone, replace it or get a refund from amazon and go back to Apple.