Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Still searching for a case I like for my Galaxy Note 4. Any new developments on that front?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

So, my Note 4's battery is swiftly dying, and I'd like a new phone anyway. I never really used the stylus as much as I thought I might, so I can't justify the new price for the Note 7. Right now, I'm torn between just going out and getting an S7 Edge, or waiting until next month and seeing what's released. Do we have any news on cool new phones coming out, or would it be worth it to get an S7E, even though it's 5 months old at this point?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Lowen SoDium posted:

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge and I kind of hate it.

It's not any one thing. No single thing about the phone is bad. In fact, most of it is really good. Like the hardware in general is really nice, and the camera is absolutely incredible. It's just the little things that suck.

Like, the Edge display is really stupid and only exist to make you accidently touch something you didn't mean too.

Or that Samsung updates all of their apps through their app store instead of the Play Store and that almost all of their apps are completely redundant. I don't want or need Hancom Office. Please stop downloading it.

The emoji font is a crime against taste.

Yes, thank you for letting me know about game mode for the 4th time. I don't care.

I really really miss the quality of life functions my Droid Turbo had like the chop-chop motion to turn on the flashlight, or always listening google now. Speaking of which, for some reason 9 out of 10 times I try to use voice in google now (even after activating manually) the phone acts like it can't access the microphone.

The phone is a tiny pile of little disappointments and irritations, like my son. I guess my next phone will be a Nexus phone. Hope that wireless charging comes back.
Good to know.
Other S7 Edge owners care to share their experiences?

Also, what are the recommended brands for cases now?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

So what's everyone's opinions as far as cases for a Note 7?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Went to AT&T today and traded my Note7 in on an S7 Edge until the new Notes ship. It's a nice phone and all, but it's definitely not the Note7. :( now to play the waiting game.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

Are they letting you give the S7 Edge back when the replacement Notes arrive? Rogers is being a big load of dicklords and offering you a swap to an S7/S7 Edge plus credit, but you can't swap it back to a Note7 when the replacements come.

Yep! Pretty good deal, really.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Out of curiosity, anyone have any thoughts on how the Note7 recall will affect Samsung? A buddy is worried that they'll tank, and is wary of buying any Samsung products now. I don't think it'll be that bad, but admittedly I don't really know that much about major business.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

I've been using the S7 Edge replacement for my Note 7 for about a week now. It's a good phone....but not one that I want long term. Right now I'm torn between just getting an iPhone 7 or waiting until October to see how the Pixel XL looks. Are people really turned off from it because HTC is making it? I don't really know anything about HTC, just what I've read here, so I'm curious.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

I feel like if they did that they'd run into legal and regulatory issues because of requirements for emergency calling (111/911/etc). Not sure though. But I agree.

Well, they can take their newly bricked phone into a store and trade it for something else, so I don't know what they'd run into.

I don't want anyone getting hurt or killed or anything, but it's hard to have sympathy for people whose phones keep exploding because they keep using them.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

Way too small for my giant hands, I tried it for a month or so when it came out.

Same. I got an S7 Edge as a loaner and I feel like I'm going to crush the drat thing.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

With this latest Note7 stuff, I'm trying to decide between a Pixel and iPhone7 Plus. Kinda leaning towards the iPhone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

bull3964 posted:

It's been awhile since we heard about the Note 7...

http://amp.androidcentral.com/new-zealand-carriers-will-cut-access-note-7-nov-18

People still aren't retuning them, so Samsung is starting to work with carriers to blacklist the IMEIs and cut off cellular service.

In other Samsung news, they just recalled 2.8 million top-loading washing machines. Any guesses why?

Risk of explosion.

:psyduck: