Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Wanna hear a funny story?

I dropped my Nexus 5 and shattered its screen in August. I had the screen replaced the same day, then two days later I dropped the phone again and broke the screen again, this time a neat single fracture that goes across the bottom third of the screen. "No biggie, I can get by the couple of months until google releases the pixel." :owned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

FogHelmut posted:

My Galaxy Nexus would slowly lose charge while when plugged in and using Google Maps navigation with the screen on, even with a big charger plugged into the cigarette lighter. Additionally, it would overheat and stop charging altogether when doing this while in the sun on my dashboard. I would have to put it in the shade and reboot it before it would charge again. At one point, I had it mounted on the air conditioning vent.

Agreed, Galaxy Nexus owned.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
The screen on my Oneplus 5 started blinking every few seconds, turning off and on. At first I thought it was a hardware issue, but some guy on the internet told me to wipe the cache in recovery mode. So I did. And it helped. For about 1 day.

The blinking came back, I wiped the cache again and now it's not blinking again. But since the problem repeated in a day, I'm not optimistic.

Anyway: Is this a known issue, is there something I can do to make it not happen again?