Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
My picks would have to be:

1) Space Dandy - This was an animators funhouse show and it was the best thing for it. While it did have a bunch of weak episodes, there was a lot of good, and when they hit they hit so drat hard. Space Dandy was a joy to watch from beginning to end.

2) Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun) - Easily the funniest show this year. Had incredible gags and never let up. Hope we get more

3) Ping Pong the Animation - Not much to say on this that hasn't already been said. Yuasa is one of the top talents right now

4) Mushishi Zoku Shou - Even after 9 years they knew what made Mushi-shi great and continued with it. Amazing show, with my only complaint being a lot of times where there were sparse backgrounds for long periods of time and re-used a lot. Don't know if that happened in the first season, but I'm not gonna complain.

5) Amagi Brilliant Park - I love FMP (even the first season) and Gatoh once again made something worth adapting. Also, I like to think of this as an apology for Beyond the Boundary.

-------------------

Honorable mention

Ao Haru Ride (Blue Spring Ride)
Barakamon
Hitsugi no Chaika (Chaika - The Coffin Princess)
Haikyuu!!
Terror in Resonance
Tonari no Seki-kun
Space Brothers

------------------

Not putting on my list because they aren't done and shouldn't be included

Fate/Stay & JoJo's. These are half finished, IMO.

The Black Stones fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

darkgray posted:

Split-cour stuff is a definite issue, but it seems hard to solve. How would you define the difference between "split-cour" and "separate seasons" consistently?

Is Sidonia a split-cour? Is Silver Spoon? Why or why not?
How long should we wait for a broadcast announcement until we decide if it is split rather than a different season?
Does the episodic nature of a show matter?

And finally, does it even matter if it's split-cour? It'd simplify things if people just vote for whatever show they enjoyed the most that's on the list.

It doesn't matter, it's all up to the individual to decide. Oh no, Bahamut didn't get on the list because of UBW. Boo-hoo. I never watched Bahamut, and will probably check it out at some point due to good word of mouth. However, I almost just want to say to remove my vote for Amagi and put UBW on there just to make Viggy cry even more about how it's stopping Bahamut from being anime jesus.

• Locked thread