Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The fact that I was actually conflicted over which five to list means this was a pretty good year, I guess. Specifically I couldn't decide whether Ping Pong or Barakamon deserved a slot more. Then there's stuff that would easily make the top 5 any other year, like Build Fighters, or Space Dandy...

Nozaki is funnier than Barakamon, though, so Ping Pong gets a slot for it's uniqueness.

1) Hunter x Hunter: I wish every great shonen manga with a subpar TV anime would get a full spec remake from scratch with no filler and great production values. That won't happen, but at least there's this.
2) Kill La Kill. I like Trigger. If they had a subscription service I would subscribe. Especially if it got me an Inferno Cop hugging pillow.
3) Ping Pong. I don't even like Yuasa's stuff generally, but this was applying his super crazy style to a really down to earth story full of neat characters, and the combination worked great.
4) Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun. Sometimes people are like "Japanese stuff isn't funny" and then I remember this show and my opinion of them crashes through the ground like one of those theoretical carbon pylon orbital weapons that are as explosive as nukes but with no fallout.
5) Jojo. I don't really see this as a decision that requires justification, even if I don't like Part 3 as much as Part 2 yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread