Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007

darkgray posted:

2. Hunter x Hunter (2011) - I adored the first anime, and while the new voice actors annoyed me at first, they've now replaced whatever memories I held of the original cast. Along with ~HD animation~ and a sublime soundtrack, getting to animate the rest of the manga arcs is what really makes this adaptation the version to watch. People often speak of "the big three" shounen titles (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach), but I've always found HxH to be the ultimate example of what a battle shounen action adventure should be like. Just wish there was more material to animate.

I haven't watched a lot this year, but the Chimera Ant arc of Hunter x Hunter was so amazing. People complained about the slow pace of the second half of the arc but I thought it was all just about pitch perfect. Too bad I went ahead and read the most recent volumes of the manga after hearing that Togashi came back from hiatus. Should've probably just thought of the ending of the anime as the ending of Hunter x Hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread