Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

The Devil Tesla posted:

Believable, rational characters like brother complex hammer lady, magical moeblob who talks like a child, and the psychopath who's so excited to murder poo poo for his moe master the he doesn't care if he starts a war that will kill thousands.
Hey, the last one could better be interpreted as "dude who has a now useless skill set and is desperate for it to find use." That's rational. I got nothing on the sister and Chaika though. Also, murderous cat dragon was easily the best character.

I guess since I posted in here I should make a list.

1. Ping Pong: If I was being honest about what I considered to be in competition for the Best Show, this would be the entire list, but that's not fair to everything else this year.

2. Space Dandy: Entertaining, good episodic fun.

3. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun: Best comedy this year.

4. Barakamon: Adorable and heartwarming.

5. Samurai Flamenco: If nothing else, it gave me a unique experience that nothing else this year delivered on. Every single week was an adventure.

Honorable mentions:
Jojo's and F/SN: UBW. Both of them are doing well so far, both are unfinished so they cannot be fairly judged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
You guys are getting awfully pushy about a show that got 10 votes when the top show got 54.

The situation with UBW and Jojo is super awkward, and I guess maybe the answer is cut them from top 10 for now? It's very likely they're making top 10 next year. I guess I feel flippant about these results because I don't see how they're important besides a curiosity and having a top 10 list from somewhat active people on these forums.

• Locked thread