Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
I'm beginning to regret being in charge of vote tallying, also no one would read a long essay so enjoy my new-and-improved one-sentence justifications

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works: It's super pretty and good, also I have to like anything ufotable does basically by default
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders: It's super pretty and Joseph Joestar is my idol
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun: I don't even like slapstick comedy but this was really good, also every character gets to be the reasonable and stupid one at different points which is nice
One Week Friends: Not super good but the cheap drama really works on me for some reason so welp, if you like cheap emotional melodrama this show is for you
Silver Spoon: Hiromu Arakawa is the best active manga author and the anime did a pretty okay job adapting it

Other good things:

Amagi Brilliant Park: Kanye West is unexpectedly good at management
No Game No Life: Good thriller but christ if I weren't so jaded to anime bullshit it would be unwatchable, do not watch this if you have any self-respect remaining

I tried to watch Ping Pong but the animation made me so motion-sick I literally threw up irl after episode one so that idea didn't work out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen

The Devil Tesla posted:

Used to lovely anime like No Game No Life, when presented with good anime your body rejected it.

help i need an intervention

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
last year there were a bunch of votes after new year's so i was waiting a bit longer to tally them. i'll get on it now.

ok so far 92 people voted for 54 different shows, this is less than last year where we had 99 voters when i tallied.

code:
Ping Pong: The Animation	54
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun	48
Space Dandy			33
Barakamon			27
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure	21
Mushishi Zoku Shou		20
Kill la Kill			18
Gundam Build Fighters		13
Chaika -The Coffin Princess-	12
Fate/stay night: Unlimited...	11
My Neighbor Seki		11
----------------------------------
Shingeki no Bahamut		10
Amagi Brilliant Park		8
Aldnoah Zero			7
Haikyuu!!			7
Log Horizon			7
Sabagebu!			7
Samurai Flamenco		7
Hunter x Hunter			6
Silver Spoon s2			6
D-Frag				5
Hanamonogatari			5
Terror in Resonance		5
World Conquest Zvezda Plot	5
Yowamushi Pedal			4
Golden Time			3
Knights of Sidonia		3
No Game No Life			3
Engaged to the Unidentified	2
Hoozuki no Reitetsu		2
I Can't Understand What My...	2
Nisekoi				2
Noragami			2
One Week Friends		2
Super Sonico the Animation	2
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru	2
Ai Mai Mi s2			1
Black Bullet			1
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou	1
Ghost in the Shell Arise	1
Is the Order a Rabbit		1
Jinsei				1
Love Live s2			1
Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live	1
Psycho-Pass 2			1
RWBY				1
Sailor Moon Crystal		1
Selector Infected WIXOSS	1
Space Bros			1
Tamako Love Story		1
The Tale of Princess Kaguya	1
Witch Craft Works		1
the split-cour thing for ubw and jojo's is screwing things up since some people didn't add them for not being completely finished. i'll post a new update every page until thread gets closed/archived or darkgray wants to close voting.

edit: fixing votes that didn't get counted right, if you see one tell me

Outer Science fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 3, 2015

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen

Nate RFB posted:

Looks like one Mushishi vote got counted separately.

oops

re: split-cour, just get someone else who liked seki in here and the whole problem goes away

edit: also if i kicked out ubw and not jojo, bahamut still wouldn't be on the list. the cutoff is at 11 because the last two are tied right now.

Outer Science fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 3, 2015

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
for real guys i made the top 10 page because i was really bored in a hotel with poo poo for internet, just be chill and talk about animes you liked

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
well no one's posted any votes in a couple days, and the extra votes for seki and bahamut got bahamut into the list and kicked ubw out, so now's as good a time as any to arbitrarily add the results to the wiki, i guess.

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
i need five more tiles for that, haven't you ever played mahjong :rolleyes:

anyway, the wiki is missing pages for Nozaki, Chaika, Gundam Build Fighters, Seki, and Bahamut. please make the page look nice and not have red links on it, tia.

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
the real best anime of 2014 was saki: the nationals, but keep it a secret from the mahjong nonplayers ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Is there a good guide to how mahjong works that I can read before I dive into Akagi in earnest

not really, they're all pretty bad or inconsistent but in a past life i wrote a watcher's guide on this very forum!! (hope you have archives)

• Locked thread