Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Top 5 in alphabetical order:

Barakamon: Funny, touching, doesn't try stretch itself beyond what it's actually capable of, and has actual good child voice acting.
F:S/N: UBW: Movie-quality visuals in a TV series, excellent adaptation, and more of The Best Type-Moon Character.
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun: The best comedy to come down the line in years.
Hanamonogatari/Tsukimonogatari: Shinboooooooou
Mushishi S2: More Mushishi

Honorable Mentions:

Amagi Brilliant Park: A return to form for KyoAni, good comedy and action scenes.
D-Frag!: the sort of zany humor that works well in anime but less so elsewhere.
Space Dandy: Too inconsistent to make the top five, but at its best (Wacky Racers, Planet Limbo, 2D/3D/4D) it's amazing.
Sword Art Online II: Specifically Mother's Rosario, although I should also note that the visuals for GGO were really well done when they weren't spending all their time on Sinon's derriere, and the production quality is always fantastic.

Secret Best Series:

PUCHIM@S s2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I enjoyed Chihayafuru, but couldn't get into Ping Pong for some reason. I don't think I could really articulate why, it just didn't engage with me for some reason.

• Locked thread