Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I feel like I have a heavy bias toward comedy this year.

Barakamon
Easily my favorite of the year. It had some of the best comedy moments this year and I'm likely never to forget MANDOM from it. Also was super heart warming, more than I think an anime has hit me in a long time. The fact they had actual children do the voices of all the kids also made it quite memorable as a guy who is always watching bad things due to voice actors alone.

D-Frag
It was just super, super entertaining for me. Hit every single note of comedy that I enjoy and had some incredibly cute moments. Probably my favorite straight up comedy this year.

Chaika
Chaika? Mm. Chaika.

Nozaki-kun
I knew this would be great since I already read the manga well before it got an anime annoucement-- in fact I was the one who told a bunch of my friends it was getting one-- so I was admittedly worried I wouldn't find it as funny since I knew the jokes already. But my god was I wrong. Having it all animated and voiced made it all the more hilarious. I eagerly anticipate them announcing a S2 someday. C'mon Japan!!!

Amagi Brilliant Park
Unless they completely drop the ball on the last episode, this is the first KyoAni show I've been excited to watch every week the day the subs pop up. It just shows they should always adapt anything the FMP! guy does since his stuff always knocks it out of the park when they do it.

Honorable mentions:
Jojo: I loved Jojo and I'm 100% blind on it beyond a few things since my friends can't shut up about stuff, but it's no done yet so I wouldn't feel right having it in top five.
Kill la Kill: I own a Satsuki nendoroid. So I liked KLK quite a good deal over all since I had a ton of fun watching it week to week with my friends. But looking back on it it really did just lack in too many areas and do too many things too many people weren't comfortable with to be top five worthy.
Space Dandy: I haven't finished it yet!! I love Dandy but I only watch it dubbed and I missed a few weeks when I moved so I need to watch the rest.
Bahamut: I expected nothing from this show, yet it's turned out to be amazing and gorgeous. If Chaika hadn't aired this year, it would definitely have been a top 5 pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread