Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
Why not, here's my top 5:

Space Dandy: More of a playground to let different animators and directors do their stuff than an actual consistent show, but even the "worst" episodes were amazing or hilarious in some way.
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun: Essentially a giant homage/joke about shoujo manga in general with gender roles reversed. Not the biggest fan of shoujo manga, but even so, I loved it.
Aldnoah.Zero: I may regret placing this so high on my list when S2 comes out, but having said that, it was a nice Gundam-ish sci-fi show with a main character who used his brain to defeat increasingly dangerous enemies.
Barakamon: After all the heavier, evil shows that I watched throughout the year, this was a breath of fresh air. Even when it meandered around, it kinda made me smile. Especially fun to see Sensei's demeanor slowly melt as the story goes on.
Shingeki no Bahamut -Genesis-: As someone who knows absolutely nothing about the IP it is based off of, this show came out of nowhere and immediately impressed me. An epic tale that manages to keep itself somewhat grounded by focusing on a loveable scoundrel with a couple of disgraced noble heroes along for the ride.

Honorable Mentions:
Kill la Kill: I will give it credit for riding the same ridiculous premise all the way to the end.
Zvezda: Fits in a space somewhere between Excel Saga and Pinky and the Brain. That smoking episode was...wow.
Mekakucity Actors: Essentially a bundle of music videos held together by a loose thread of plot (considering the Vocaloid origins, that's pretty much it), but very enjoyable.
Zankyou no Terror: Well, at least you tried. I really gotta stop overhyping myself whenever Shinichiro Watanabe and Yoko Kanno collab on shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread