Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
poo poo, I kinda missed the main cutoff.

Oh well, throwing my recs in anyway:

1: Gundam Build Fighters: Most of my fave shows tend to be those that have no goddamn right to be as good as they are based on the premise. GBF is one such show. What should have been a shameless advertisement for Gunpla... was a shameless advertisement for Gunpla that was very very well done. An overall sense of goofy, lighthearted fun permeates the non-fighting parts, characters are giant goofballs to each other who are firmly aware that end the end of the day they're playing with toys and the goal is to enjoy themselves.

As for the fights, quite a number of them would rank really drat high in the entire Gundam metaseries' best fights (the ones from episode 6, 15, 18, and 24), and there are Gundam references to almost everything conceivable.

If there are faults, it's that the show is pretty lousy at character development. Most of the cast are 'what you see is what you get,' but a couple are intended to be developing as characters over the way and the show isn't good at portraying that.

Edit: I forgot to mention the music. Holy poo poo the music is so loving good. Rock those spanish guitars, Meijin. Rock them forever.

2: Amagi Brilliant Park: It's KyoAni comedy. Do I need to say more?

3: World Domination Zvezda Plot: Absurdity of the premise aside, the show was generally good at the comedy bits, and the absurdity of the whole situation is played for everything it's worth. I wasn't a big fan of the last couple of episodes, but that doesn't put a damper on the rest of it.

4: One Week Friends: First half was just pure sappy fluff and I'm a sucker for that. Second half added in more melodrama and PLOT and wasn't as good, but still okay.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jan 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread