Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!
Bones Saikou, I'm not sure what to even say about it, it's the kind of project that only comes around once or twice every decade, tons of incredibly talented staff doing what they love most. It's easily my favorite anime that aired this year and possibly my new favorite of all time. The only way it could have been better is if they'd gotten Mitsuo Iso back from the world of the dead to do a scene or two.

2. Samurai Flamenco
One of the most interestingly written shows in recent times that also happened to be one of the biggest scheduling trainwrecks in recent times (it made attack on titan look good!). It was just a god drat joy to watch. Episode 17 is possibly the most ridiculous thing to air this year and just for this episode alone the show deserves the praise I give it. But in complete seriousness the show is completely earnest in what it does and does it well despite the massive amounts of production setbacks.

3. Ping Pong
It's Yuasa doing his thing, this time with a Taiyou Matsumoto manga that was already incredibly popular and well received, there was pretty much no way this was going to go wrong even if it had a pretty nuts schedule. (about 5 months from pre production to first episode airing)

4. Gundam Build Fighters
Moeagare Gunpla.

5. Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
I'm glad that something could fill the comedy void that stuff like Nichibros left since 2012.

Honorable Mentions:

Jojo: It's still not done so it's stupid to even list it.
HxH: Baller as hell adaptation of a baller manga.

Biggest Trainwreck:

Kill La Kill: Only proved that Trigger cannot handle big projects on their own just yet, absolutely disappointing in every aspect, subpar animation that was overly reliant on CG during action scenes to cover its weakness, AWFUL use of its already mediocre soundtrack and Nakashima being Nakashima.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!
Bahamut was lame and stupid. Put UBW on there imo even if it's also lame and stupid.

Also people are mad because the split cour stuff is incredibly inconsistent, like how Dandy is counted as two different seasons (bd numbering implies its only 1) but Mushishi Zoku Shou which was also split cour is counted as just one season.

Uznare fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jan 4, 2015

• Locked thread