Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
No idea if I missed the voting cut-off so I'll keep things brief. In order:

1. Ping Pong

On one hand, I was a fool for not checking this out sooner. On the other, waiting allowed me to burn through the whole series in two days. Yuasa's best work to date.

2. Space Dandy

Came for the comedy, stayed for the characters and experimental episodes. RIP every Dr. Gel.

3. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

My favorite comic book finally gets a proper adaptation. Looking forward to the Joestar Egypt Tour Group in 2015.

4. Log Horizon

Finally, a trapped in a video game anime for the thinking man. I don't even play MMOs but I picked this up on a whim and found myself surprisingly engaged.

5. Kill la Kill

Guilty pleasure of the year. The highs were high, the lows were low, but at the end of the day what I remember most is its earnest energy.

Also, I'd like to give an honorable mention to the Eccentric Family which didn't come out this year but I briefly thought it did (and had it ranked just belong Ping Pong).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The thing about JoJo is the first two parts are more traditionally narrative-driven, whereas Stardust Crusaders onward it's all about the fights. I expected we'd lose a few people in the transition, but them's the breaks. It's an action serial from the late 80s/early 90s, and Araki took the tournament structure and turned it on its head.

Srice posted:

Perhaps if the anime cut some stuff
The worst opinion.

• Locked thread