Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
1) Kill la Kill : okay, I know there was a lot to criticize in KlK, but there was one thing it had that pretty much nothing else had, it was this shameless desire to please and entertain. Was the story smart, witty, interesting and always well written? Definitely not, but it was constantly moving (not always forward) and never had a dull moment. Did everything make sense? no, and thank anime god for it. Was the animation good? poo poo no, but it never was ashamed of itself, it never tried to hide its minimalist, cartoon-ish style, so I can't fault them for that, hell after a while I ended up loving it.

2) JoJo part III: Okay, so that's why everyone loves part III. It's great, it's fun, it's manly, and it's entertaining. Part I and II were already awesome and fun, but JoJo is so good that when I needed to catch up with the story after like 2 months of work where I didn't have time for fun, I actually binge watched like 9 episodes in a row and I had a great time, even though I hate spending more than 1 hour watching a movie/series. Literally can't wait for the next season, because this will be the one where they punch Dio in the face (never read the manga, so I'm guessing).

3) Amagi Brilliant Park : First Kyoani show I finished since Haruhi Suzumiya, and also since Kyoani show I actually enjoyed since FMP (yes, what I'm going for is that I found Haruhi Suzumiya dull and boring, aside maybe from that one ep with the space battle, but that might be me not remembering the boring part of that episode). Production values were great, but what really made it work was the humor and general cheerfulness of the show (especially the mascots). I have no idea if there will be a second season, but if there is, it's going to be one the first things I watch.

honorable mentions:
-Inou Battles : haven't yet finished it, so I reserve my full judgement, but it has been pretty good so far. Features one of the best seiyuu performance of the year too.
-Space Dandy : I still haven't seen the first season so I don't know what to think of it just yet, but the few episodes I have seen from the second season are definitely something.
-Chaika : waiting for the second season to be over so I can marathon it over a week, but if it's like the first season it should be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread