Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

1) Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Just so much fun - great cast, superb art, funny jokes, and exceptional faces. Best opening in years.

2) Barakamon
My favourite soundtrack of the year (along with Terror in Tokyo/Resonance), and very close to being my number one (Nozaki just stayed with me longer). The relationship between the MC and the islanders was a pleasure to watch develop, and the whole thing oozes with charm.

3) Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
I think this took the place of Chaika S2 pretty quickly, as it showed it was going to move at a breakneck pace and not indulge an ounce of filler. Rushed and disappointing ending. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Anime.

4) Terror in Resonance
This was a show that had the best of everything, except the script. The script was mediocre (at best) while the direction, music, and art were all wonderful. This takes spot 4 off of the ferris wheel and motorbike scenes alone.

5) Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
I think this is ineligible, but I have watched all of the new seasons of Jojo in the last two weeks and OH MY GOD!!

Shows that if I had watched would probably be on this list, and I will watch them when I have access to the Internet beyond this lovely regional Australian 3G that runs my battery flat in half an hour just glancing at Facebook

Ping Pong apparently you goons love it, and I guess I just didn't notice any time anyone spruiked it until now?
Mushishi S2 or however it's spelt. Loved S1 so I will probably love S2 when I happen to watch it.
Space Dandy S2 watched a few of S1 and fell off, plan to marathon them some time and catch up on the weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

KidDynamite posted:

I watched Ping Pong because of this thread. Good job, thread.

Me too. It's obscenely good. Like, it's distressing just how good it is. Raises the bar.

I started watching Samurai Flamenco too (about 5 episodes in) and it's been a really fun show so far.

Such a strong year!

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

ViggyNash posted:

If only you could hear my cackling over the internet.

I just watched episode 7... things... escalated quickly... :suspense:

• Locked thread