Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

1. Ping Pong
I especially liked the unconventional visual style and the animation, but what makes this anime stand out as the anime of the year is the unusual theme and the great characters as well as their development.

2. Mushishi S2
Ghost stories that are actually about people. Atmospheric and touching. At least as good as season 1.

3. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Comedy Anime of the year. Brilliant character interactions, fun with both parodying shoujo manga as well as gender conventions.

4. Chaika
Best fantasy anime of the year. Fantastic story with believable, rational characters as well as great action.

5. Kill La Kill
I have to say that the second half was a bit disappointing and that I almost replaced it with one of my honorable mentions.

Honorable mentions:
Barakamon, Tonari no Seki-kun, Yuki Yuna, Sabagebu

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Cool tip: you can very quickly figure out who sucks because their list has some coffin princess thing instead of ping pong

I have both Chaika and Ping Pong in my list.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Frederica is the best and most useless character.

• Locked thread