Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

#1 Ping Pong The Animation - There's nothing to really say about this that hasn't been said by every other post in the thread. The strength of the show is probably the material it was adapted from, but being totally uninitiated I loved it.

#2 Gin no Saji S2 - It's not the prettiest or most original show, probably not even the best "slice of life." Even so, the emotional aspects (especially Hachiken's) resonated with me on a level that nothing other than Ping Pong achieved. I cried more times watching GnS than anything before, to be honest. Having those great and cheery opening/ending themes as well as the expected doses of food and cute animals made sure it wasn't a downer either.

#3 World Conquest Zvezda Plot - The sense of an off-kilter but consistent logic running through this show won me over. Smokers are legitimately evil, everything is powered by asparagus, and a 6 year old can successfully take over the world. It was a colorful, cute, and fun ride and I'm hoping we get more than just the bonus OVA.

#4 Barakamon - Again, this one has been talked to death in here. I really liked the laid-back setting and the child voice actors were total genius. It makes the weird stuff Naru and co. say and do seem that much more authentic.

#5 Samurai Flamenco - This was the show I got most hyped up to see and for the most part it didn't disappoint. My expectations were constantly defied as the story wasn't satisfied with just being Kick-rear end or just being a toku show or even just being incredibly meta.

Honorable mentions: Space Dandy, Nozaki-kun, Hozuki no Reitetsu, Sabagebu, and the good split-cour shows (Jojo, UBW).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I understand why people might like BT more but if JoJo's stayed a show about a JoJo being the only competent fighter 24/7 it'd be way worse than villain-of-the-week. That said I think this half of SC is fairly weak and only gives a middling impression if people were going to judge it.

• Locked thread