Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

1) Ping Pong the Animation
The best character ended up being the introduced "villian", and the hero kind of a cock. There's so much to say about this show, though. Weirdly human, ugly animation, but absolutely amazing once you notice the perfect little details. I enjoyed it so much.

2) Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
As a big shoujo manga fan, I couldn't help but love this. The premise is hilarious, and the gags end up working as well or better than the manga. Best comedy of the year. I would love a second season, but even without it, the last episode was still goddamn perfect.

3) Yowamushi Pedal
So much Burning Shonen Spirit. This show has a ridiculous amount of heart. The pacing is kinda slow, but the character development is worth it. I'm never sure exactly who to root for. Best evil villian. 10m is traveled per minute.

4) Tonari no Seki-kun
Close second in comedic value against Nozaki-kun. Great OP/ED. Best roboto family. I hope we see another season, since the manga still has a ton of really great material.

5) Barakamon
Excellent VA. Lots of heart! This year with this, GSNK, and Seki-kun, the comedy has been so goddamn good.

Honorable mentions: Free s2 & Haikyuu because shonen sports shows are awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Everyone knows Nozaki-kun and Gay Bicycling Boys beat out Ping Pong for AOTY though right?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Rangpur posted:

Didn't care for the opening, but that's really the only negative impression I had watching the whole thing.

This is the worst opinion in the thread.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

The video for Tada Hitori is pretty fun and silly, too. http://en.musicplayon.com/play?v=694921

• Locked thread