Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Aldnoah Zero: The one mecha series I've watched that didn't have the MC gain a super secret mecha somewhere between the first and last episodes. It's going to be a trainwreck but it'll be a glorious trainwreck experience to be had by all~

Kill la Kill: OK, it was dumb but there were a lot of unique character designs and battle scenes. I want to call this series experimental because it had interesting animation but story didn't really go anywhere. Oh well.

Noragami: I want to say this series is one of Bones' shining examples of what they do well shounen, fantastical monster battles, and MCs who don't take themselves too seriously. Although, it's a short series but I did find it entertaining enough to start following the original manga.

Pyscho-Pass 2: Different cast and different plot but continues to be the same intriguing setting. I liked watching Akane follow her own goals and become a experienced Inspector but not lose her optimism for a better future. I could write a 5 paragraph essay on what I liked or disliked but no time for that here.

Zankyou no Terror (Terror in Resonance): If I were to base it on animation/OST purely then it'd be a 8/10 but the writing is a partial let down. We had an interesting set-up with individual storylines but no real resolution at the end. It'd function better as a 20+ episode series but so it goes.

Honorable Mentions
Free! -Eternal Summer- (s2)
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun)
Mushishi Zoku Shou (s2)
Tonari no Seki-kun

Side notes: I wanted to watch Mushishi S2 but never got around to completing the entire season :v:

Alder fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Dec 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Srice posted:

If what you want out of the genre is a series with no top secret super powerful mechs then it sounds like you could use some Votoms and/or Macross, stat.

I tried Macross but it was kinda like is this a sci-fi idol show? I don't really like idol/musical shows.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Hagop posted:

No its better than that because the super mechs are there, they are just what you would expect super mechs to look like after being constantly tweaked by a group of autistic knight lords honor dueling each other for 15 years while seething over a war they never got to fight.

Yeah, I never understood the obsession with "honorable" duels and mecha. I checked out Votoms and was curious but 52 episodes :bravo2:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

forbidden lesbian posted:

Wow, for the 17th year in a row, Serial Experiments Lain was the best anime I watched this year...

The only other anime I watched was kill la kill lol, it was not good

It's time to move on, my friend. There's approximately 1010101 new series you still have to watch a min of 3 episodes to decide whether not they'd be considered the Worst anime of the year.

• Locked thread