Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

This is the year I got back into anime because of:

1) Ping Pong: Emotions and Ping Pong. Some amazing scenes, even if the story goes in the direction you expect it to it's executed well.

2) Jojo's loving Bizarre Adventure: I watched S1+S2 for the first time this year. I have been fascinated by Jojos since I was a kid and played the dreamcast version of the game that made 0 sense. Finally seeing it in anime form, it lived up to what I thought it was about and more. So over the top but sincere about it, in a way nothing really nails these days. I have high hopes for the rest of part 3, and I hope they keep animating the rest because I tried to read the terrible fantranslation of the manga and no thanks.

Also the most homoerotic show I have ever, ever watched, in the best way

3) Space Dandy: When was the last time a show had this concept? Have a cast and world and let a different writer+director go wild with what they think would happen every episode? It led to each episode at the very least being an almost entirely new show, since a lot of these guys only had one chance it felt like they really put everything they had into it. Some really great stuff in here. It's hit and miss (I still don't know why people actually like the musical) but when it hits, it does things nobody else is doing.

I Dunno that I'll put this on my list:

Kill La Kill. Some really cool fights, I actually LIKED the part people hated where the powerup song kicks in like every single episode... just I dunno. I watched it recently, months after everyone was talking about how it's the greatest/worst thing ever, how it's the followup to Gurren Lagann. It's not Gurren Lagann

Things I would like to watch eventually but I let my crunchyroll lapse until Jojo is back:
Mushishi
Amagi Park
Parasyte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

A lot of people seem to like Chaika, for some reason I remember it being badly received as of season 2.

Edit: this is coming from someone who is skimming this thread for recommendations, I haven't watched it at all

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

bonus hole boy posted:

If you haven't watched ping pong, watch ping pong.

It's in my list :shobon:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I dunno most of my friends watch Game of Thrones so maybe they wouldn't care.

Most people would probably think KLK is worse than Game of Thrones because of the way its presented

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

icantfindaname posted:

i'd pay money to see a Top Gear anime

Turns out typing Top Gear Anime into google images gives you more than enough fan pictures

• Locked thread