Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

tsa posted:

It's addictive probably, but by far one of the easiest addictions to fix. There's definitely some changes that need to be made on a macro scale, as the rise in obesity is a national/ worldwide problem, but on the individual level it is not hard at all to manage a healthy weight. One thing that does hold them back are people going on about how difficult or impossible such a feat is due to "addictive chemicals" and so on- the last thing a person who wants to change needs is someone telling them they are going to fail.

Not to mention the amount of times they will fail because they followed advice from a seemingly "trusted source" and it turned out that the information was terrible to begin with. There is simply an insane amount of contradictory and awful "medical" advice out there, and we live in a nation where shitheads like Dr. Oz aren't locked up for gross malpractice and anti-vaxxers are treated as one side of the argument rather than child abusers. And it doesn't really help when someone says, "well dummy I did x, y and z and everything turned out fine" because guess what? Everyone and their mother says that, and they have a book to sell you.

I mean gently caress, even my local PBS station airs some of this bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread