Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

If the gay abortions get a front page article or something, please show all of the edit nominees, they all deserve credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Rorus Raz posted:

I'm a monster :ohdear:

After The Automatic - Monster

quote:

His brain fried by bad 'toons
By bad 'toons, by bad 'toons
(His brain fried by bad 'toons)
He can't escape their poo poo views
(He can't escape their poo poo views)
poo poo views, poo poo views

Within this thread, he's let loose
He's let loose, he's let loose
(Within this thread, he's let loose)
Shopped art, lyrics changed, no pants
No pants, no pants

Who's that coming into the thread?
Is it Rorus Raz? Is it Rorus Raz?

Confused, mind bruised, edits seep out
They seep out, they seep out
(Confused, mind bruised, edits seep out)
Face it, this thread, looks so grey
(Face it, this thread, looks so grey)
So grey, so grey

Pants down he bends, twists and shouts
(Pants down he bends, twists and shouts)
And shouts, and shouts
Sits down, Photoshop, editing
Editing, editing

Who's that coming in the thread?

Face it, this thread, Jesus Christ, this thread
Face it, this thread, it looks so grey

gently caress yes, it is
drat, he makes this look easy. Thanks to everyone for a year of cool edits :downs:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Kegluneq posted:

After The Automatic - Monster

drat, he makes this look easy. Thanks to everyone for a year of cool edits :downs:

Not going to lie, I'd love a Gay Abortion, but Rorus is the king of edits and song parodies, and he's been consistently hilarious all year in the face of some lovely, lovely cartoons.

In an unrelated note, I tried to show my wife the OP and she got as far as The Interview category before saying "gently caress you" to the monitor and asking why the hell I look at this kind of stuff.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

I just realized that every single cartoon in the middle-east category which portrays an Arab does so in a supremely racist way. I mean just look at them. Hook noses and scraggly beards. Every. Single. Time. The one except is the cartoon that portrays its Arab as a literal rat. Holy Christ.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Worst Middle East Cartoon: K
Worst Police Brutality Cartoon: L
Worst Torture Report Cartoon: E
Worst The Interview Cartoon: A
Worst Cartoon About a Tragedy: B
Worst Caricature: C
Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: A
Worst Label: E
Least Concealed Bigotry in a Cartoon: O
Laziest Cartoon: C
Most Easily Reinterpreted: B
Overall Worst Political Cartoon of the Year: C
Best Edit/Parody: G

Edit: Would it also be possible to bring back the little blurbs for each winner, when the results are decided? I enjoyed you guys counting cartoonists who won more than once, as well as how close the voting was.

Cognac McCarthy fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 30, 2014

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gilganixon posted:

In an unrelated note, I tried to show my wife the OP and she got as far as The Interview category before saying "gently caress you" to the monitor and asking why the hell I look at this kind of stuff.
I decided to take another look at the OP just now to see just how much poo poo she waded through and I just now realized that Varvel's MLK statue (Worst Police Brutality C) is shedding a single tear. Jesus loving Christ.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Worst Middle East Cartoon: C

Worst Police Brutality Cartoon: A

Worst Torture Report Cartoon: D

Worst The Interview Cartoon: B

Worst Cartoon About a Tragedy: D

Worst Caricature: G

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: J

Worst Label: K

Least Concealed Bigotry in a Cartoon: H

Laziest Cartoon: A. Just call it the Gorrell

Overall Worst Political Cartoon of the Year: D

Best Edit/Parody: Q

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
I salute all of you that voted. I started the process but I just couldn't stomach finishing the thing.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Keep the polls open! We got a late voter here!!!

Worst Middle East Cartoon: L, gotta be L. When will those stinker foreigners learn that when they hit us with their children, thier children will die! Haha!

Worst Police Brutality Cartoon: L again. Look, B is symbolically everything awful about all of these cartoons, I get it. It encapsulates it all. But the fact that in the midst of Fergurson and the Garner case someone can look at it, and maybe even see the discrimination at the heart of the problem, but decide that right now what the country really needs is to be reminded that yes, police man also die.

Worst Torture Cartoon: D. F came so loving close though, man.

Worst The Interview Cartoon: D. Sony does not like the Sony hackers. What an astute and well-made point.

Worst Cartoon about a tragedy: E, though there were a lotta variants on this exact comic this year.

Worst Caricature: A. What kind of nightmare world does this man live in?

Worst A Thing Happened: I,, eternally I.

The DEBTIE (Worst Label): G. The word "debt" is in this cartoon three times.

Least concealed Bigotry: gently caress this award this year. I gotta go with L because it's like a racist A Thing Happened. All this cartoon is loving saying is "there are more Mexicans now and I hate them!!!!!!!"

Laziest Cartoon: E. You couldn't draw a loving circle.

Most easily Reinterpreted; A. I know I shouldn't be reading it the way I am but gently caress what else could it be saying.

Overall Worst Cartoon: i. This is what hatred looks like.

Best Parody: j, the burger king one.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Calico Heart posted:

Keep the polls open! We got a late voter here!!!

If you're white, we'll keep the polls open as long as you need, good citizen.

If you're not, gently caress off. Even if you've been in the line for six hours.

e; vvv :golfclap:

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 30, 2014

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Mister Adequate posted:

If you're white, we'll keep the polls open as long as you need, good citizen.

If you're not, gently caress off. Even if you've been in the line for six hours.

If you're not then the polls aren't even open. Check back January 26th, 2015 from 4AM-5:37AM.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Worst Middle East Cartoon - K
Worst Police Brutality Cartoon - F
Worst Torture Report Cartoon - G
Worst The Interview Cartoon - B
Worst cartoon about a tragedy - I
Worst caricature - A
Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon - J
Worst Label - E
Least concealed bigotry in a cartoon - O
Laziest cartoon - L
Most easily reinterpreted - B
Overall worst political cartoon of the year - F
Best edit/parody - D

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Worst Middle East Cartoon - A

Worst Police Brutality Cartoon - A

Worst Torture Report Cartoon - J

Worst The Interview Cartoon - D

Worst cartoon about a tragedy - D

Worst caricature - C

Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon - C

Worst Label - J

Least concealed bigotry in a cartoon - N

Laziest cartoon - E

Overall worst political cartoon of the year - B

Best edit/parody - D

kalven
Feb 17, 2006

Worst Police Brutality Cartoon: D

Worst Torture Report Cartoon: G

Worst The Interview Cartoon:A

Worst Caricature: A

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: O

Worst Label: G

Least Concealed Bigotry in a Cartoon: D

Laziest Cartoon: A

Overall Worst Political Cartoon of the Year: C

Best Edit/Parody: L

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Edit: Would it also be possible to bring back the little blurbs for each winner, when the results are decided? I enjoyed you guys counting cartoonists who won more than once, as well as how close the voting was.
Yeah, I'd really like to know who gets 2nd and 3rd place in most of the categories because holy poo poo one winner is not enough for all the vileness here.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Pilchenstein posted:

Was the Waldorf & Statler thing added to the edit category late? Pretty sure it wasn't there when I voted. It's kind of unfair on the other edits to include the pinnacle of the human endeavour though, can we not just give it a prize of it's own?

I still don't know what the song it's parodying is :(

ebilflindas
Sep 16, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

I still don't know what the song it's parodying is :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsiKOJOXMJU

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Worst Middle East Cartoon: C. Has to be a Dry Bones, and I went for the one where Yaakov finally snapped and started calling for reverse-Pogroms. And regular Pogroms.

Worst Po-Po Cartoon: B. Hotly loving contested category, but this one wins for a) essentially saying "N*BONG*r deserved to die, so shut up" and b) being written and drawn by a POC. Also a POS.

Worst Torture Cartoon: G. What's worse than a liar? A smug liar.

Worst Dumb Movie Cartoon: B for cheery racism.

Worst Tragedy Cartoon: G. SO HARD TO CHOOSE, but this one is so idiotic it hurts to look at.

Worst Caricature: C. Ramirez really stepped up his game on this front in 2014, but this one wins because it's a set of Julius Streicher anti-Semitic propaganda cartoons drawn by a Jew.

Worst ATH Cartoon: L. Actually couldn't decide. Almost went with "Wow! Stuff happens!" but I actually quite like that one, so I went with Ebola: Gay for childish laughs.

Worst Label: G. I really wanted to go with Gosse, but his labels are stupid and unimaginative, not wildly incompetent.

Least Concealed Bigotry: B for not only literally and directly calling black people subhuman, but explicitly involving the mother of a murdered teenager in that assesment.

Laziest Cartoon: A. This is always hotly contested, but you genuinely can't get lazier than by drawing absolutely nothing at all.

Most Easily Reinterpreted: B. This is would be a pretty decent pro-Obama cartoon if that thing looked like Obama.

Overall Worst: A. Partly because it's not getting enough love, and partly because it's utterly, unforgivably despicable on such a petty level. Anyone can draw the 9/11 jumpers weeping about torture being banned, but it takes a special kind of shitlord to centre his cartoon around the First Lady's vagina. And think you're being witty and clever.

Best edit/parody: D. Ye Fowl Herald is the best thing to come out of this meta-thread since Mallard Swillmore.

Edit: get the letters right, rear end in a top hat

Hitler B. Natural fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 31, 2014

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Worst Middle East Cartoon: L, get hosed Lester.
Worst Police Brutality Cartoon: B, Ramirez literally blames the victim.
Worst Torture Report Cartoon: G, Lester travels to opposite day.
Worst The Interview Cartoon: A, wrong loving movie, wrong loving studio, and it's lazy as poo poo, Ramirez.
Worst cartoon about a tragedy: J, Branco just look at how Russia has prospered under our wimpy sanctions.
Worst caricature: A, looks nothing like Eric Holder, or a human being, and Holder's vaguely funny looking to start with so this should've been an easy slam dunk and instead Ramirez has dashed headlong off-court somehow.
Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon: L, yeah Ebola sure killed as many people as atom bombing a city, oh wait it didn't. But it sounds sorta like Enola hyuk hyuk!
Worst Label: D, what the gently caress, Garrison, couldn't all the labels be on ghosts chasing Hillary or skeletons in her closet or anything but written all over another Hillary?
Laziest Cartoon: A, turning in a blank piece of paper has gotta win "laziest."
Most easily reinterpreted: B, this could've been run as a pro-disarmament cartoon unironically with a less hideous caricature.
Overall worst political cartoon of the year: H, C3PO can't fight Vader wtf
Best edit/parody: B, although it's not the greatest toon of the year, no, it's just a tribute

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Worst Middle East Cartoon - L
Worst Police Brutality Cartoon - B
Worst Torture Report Cartoon - G
Worst The Interview Cartoon - B
Worst cartoon about a tragedy - D
Worst caricature - G
Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon - L
Worst Label - J
Least concealed bigotry in a cartoon - H
Laziest cartoon - A
Overall worst political cartoon of the year - I
Best edit/parody - G

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
What else can this possibly be but a call for genocide?

The ones trying to spin "I Can't Breathe" are atrocious, but this one combines awful opinions with an utterly horrific caricature. It's bad on every level.

I will forever hate anyone who uses 9/11 to justify these human rights abuses.

Really hard not to vote Ramirez here.

Worst Cartoon About a Tragedy: B
A journalist working in a war-torn country was later found as the victim filmed in a brutal murder? Better use this to make an insipid :golf: 'toon! (And one of the McCoys also did this. :suicide:)

Worst Caricature: C
Look at that poo poo. He even gave the base cuckoos red eyes just so you KNOW they're EVIL.

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: E
There are soooo many bad ones here, but gently caress you Tinsley and gently caress your transphobic series of strips.

Gosse is too easy. Meanwhile, have 3 DEBTs and 3 OBAMAs on a single joke that doesn't make sense in the first place.

Least Concealed Bigotry in a Cartoon: C
I have never seen so much hatred packed into a single caricature. It would have easily taken that category if it was of a specific person and not a general group. Even the white supremacist cartoons that that Anita Sarkeesian image is based off of didn't feel as hateful as this. Yet Branco still has stiff competition. :gonk:

Laziest Cartoon: E
Submitting a blank sheet (A) takes guts, but pasting a soccer ball photo onto an old Uncle Sam drawing, without even putting a photoshop filter on the ball, takes none. Maybe it could be possible to draw comparison to the famous painting The Son of Man, but I seriously doubt Gorrell put that much thought into this.

Most Easily Reinterpreted: A
How are you supposed to even read this? He's racist for thinking others are racist for calling him racist? What? The straightforward reading, people don't like Holder because he's black, is far easier to reach and makes more sense and would actually be a good cartoon.

9/11 again. Both from Ramirez. Somehow this one is even worse than the other one, and then there's everything else he did too Ramirez was gunning hard for the award, on every subject.

Best Edit/Parody: D
I never get tired of Ye Fowl Herald.

maou shoujo fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 31, 2014

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

As bad as the others are, there is no doubt what Kirchen means when he calls to "settle" the Palestinian problem.

The worst in a very competitive category. Drawling the black man as a gorilla gives it the little extra push.

Worst Torture Report Cartoon: F

Racist and calls anything other than torture prisoners pampering. Just awful.

Worst The Interview Cartoon: D

This had to have been more work to put together than just writing and drawling a new joke.

Worst Cartoon About a Tragedy: C

Representing leaders of the black community as feral dogs.

Worst Caricature: G

I am amazed that someone thinks that inviting comparison between themselves and Nazi's helps their cause.

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: C

Without a doubt the funniest thing Ramirez has ever made.

Worst Label: I

Ebola drops Ebola.

Least Concealed Bigotry in a Cartoon: L

Honestly, most of these are not concealed in any way shape or form. Every year this is the most competitive category. :smith:

Laziest Cartoon: A.

Gorrell again turns in a white rectangle and calls it a cartoon. This year he added a bit of unintended irony.

Sounds great.

Overall Worst Political Cartoon of the Year: J

The rest are horrible, but this one is calling for genocide. It deserves a place on the shelf next to white mans burden cartoons and Nazi propaganda.

Best Edit/Parody: G

Makes me laugh.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Going to abstain from voting this year, going over all that terrible concentrated into one place is too much.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I realize it's way too late, but somehow we forgot to include this in the "least concealed bigotry" category, especially considering how much it got talked about in newspapers:

Terex
Jan 2, 2013
Worst Middle East Cartoon: J

Worst Police Brutality Cartoon: B

Worst Torture Report Cartoon: H

Worst cartoon about a tragedy: H

Worst caricature: C

Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon: K

Worst Label: K

Least concealed bigotry in a cartoon: L

Laziest cartoon: F

Most easily reinterpreted: H

Overall worst political cartoon of the year: G

Best edit/parody: D

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Worst Middle East Cartoon : J
Worst Torture Report Cartoon: H
Worst cartoon about a tragedy: J
Worst caricature: F
Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon: F
Worst Label: E
Least concealed bigotry in a cartoon: H
Laziest cartoon: E
Most easily reinterpreted: B
Overall worst political cartoon of the year: J
Best edit: E

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

seiferguy posted:

I realize it's way too late, but somehow we forgot to include this in the "least concealed bigotry" category, especially considering how much it got talked about in newspapers:

Dog whistling on the toothpaste is still far more concealed than the ones that actually got nominated.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Holbert is dumb enough that he simply never considered the racist connotations of a watermelon joke. I can't believe there is any malice in that toon. What bothers me more is that he draws every single character with fleas at all times.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Sure thing. Counting the votes is a lot of work, but thanks to The Crotch and Koishi Komeiji we'll be able to count votes fast and with a bit more detail.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
In my eyes they are all winners, so I find myself unable to vote for anyone particular. They all deserved to be aborted.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

Worst Torture Report Cartoon: I

Worst cartoon about a tragedy: C

Worst caricature: A

Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon: A

Least concealed bigotry in a cartoon: H

Laziest cartoon: A

Most easily reinterpreted: H

Overall worst political cartoon of the year: I

Best edit/parody: D

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
Worst Middle East Cartoon: I
Worst Police Brutality Cartoon: I
Worst Torture Report Cartoon: A
Worst Cartoon About a Tragedy: G
Worst Caricature: B
Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: F
Least Concealed Bigotry in a Cartoon: A
Laziest Cartoon: A
Best Edit/Parody: B

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
No. gently caress this. I really tried to vote but I just can't go through this poo poo on New Year's Eve. 2015 would be hosed in my mind before it started. I'm an on and off reader of the threat for a long time but some of the poo poo I missed this year still surprised me in a very unhealthy way.

Seems like Ramirez is trying to win it all, huh?

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Worst Middle East Cartoon: D
- For the callous indifference to Palestinian suffering, for the posing that Israel gives two farts about the lives they snuff out, and for the lovely art, here's to 2015 bringing Kirschen Stroke Mk. II: Fatal Boogaloo.

- All of these are the defecations of shrieking ghouls, but what makes the lesser McCoy's entry especially repugnant is that, in its seemingly inoffensive "A Holiday Happened" package, it really takes you into the pit of Gary's soul: That the silly negroes are at it again, haha, what if TURKEYS got all uppity like that?! To us it's incredibly offensive. To Gary, it's just another day, another barely-competent scribble. It's Gary's Yang to Glenn's Yin. For two guys who try awful hard to troll their ideological enemies, it's when they don't try that the worst comes out. Even without knowing any context w/r/t who Gary McCoy is, no reasonable person can misinterpret the intent of this cartoon.

- Toss up really. Putting words in the mouths of the dead pushes this over the line.

- I don't care about any of these and it's really dumb to have a category for this, especially with all the stuff from earlier in the year being passed over. That said, let's hear it for Catalino holding steadfast in reusing assets whenever humanly possible, regardless of how little sense it makes.

Worst cartoon about a tragedy: F
- Get hosed.

Worst caricature: C
- "People who disagree with me are animals."

Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon: O
- K and P are real, real strong contenders, but you gotta give it up for the master McCoy. He can infuse creamed Hate into even the most banal of A Thing Happened cartoons. "Respect."

EBOLA
GAY

Least concealed bigotry in a cartoon: A
- "A" is for "rear end in a top hat," as in, "Gary McCoy shits another toon out his rear end in a top hat."

Laziest cartoon: F
- His "clever" first entry notwithstanding, this is the one that was made the quickest. Even Ramirez's entries required basic Photoshop skills and font-matching. Gorrell's thing is reappropriating logos and whatnot for his cartoons, so while this isn't especially egregious for his standards, it blows the others out of the water.

- You lost out in Worst Police Brutality, but you more than made it up with Worst Cartoon!

Best edit/parody: I
- But you're in my heart, Day by Penis. <3

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Worst Middle East cartoon: C.
I could probably just vote for "any Dry Bones."

Worst police brutality cartoon: A

Worst torture report cartoon: H

Worst Interview cartoon: D

Worst tragedy cartoon: G

Worst "a thing happened": O

Worst label: D

Least concealed bigotry: H

Worst of the year: A

Best edit: G

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Worst Middle East Cartoon: E. There's a lot that's disgusting to be found in this year's Middle East Cartoon category, but there's something about Ramirez likening Palestinian "human shields" to Obama's actions with respect to underage migrants that is truly repelling, above and beyond nominees A, J, and L. Don't get me wrong, H is terrible too, but for completely different reasons. It just doesn't have the sheer repugnance of E.

Worst Police Brutality Cartoon: B. This cartoon must win a category, and it might as well be this one. Police brutality? What police brutality? E is a "good" runner up; McCoy brings a strong contender to the table filled with enough hate to leave leftovers for Christmas. D is also awful, but, like H in the Middle East Cartoon category, simply isn't filled with enough bile to win.

Worst Torture Report Cartoon: H. There's something about likening the torture of people later proven to be innocent (or at least not worthy of torture) to EPA regulations... (D is also pretty repugnant)

Worst The Interview Cartoon: A. Going with my nomination here for sheer, mind-boggling incomprehensibility.

Worst cartoon about a tragedy: I. D is awful with its labels and racism, H is close to a "a thing happened" cartoon, but I is the only one that's truly repugnant here, in my opinion.

Worst caricature: G. Yeah, one of the Obamas is going to win, but there is something about unironically reusing a Jewish stereotype (and being willfully ignorant about it) to attack feminists that is truly awful.

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: K. Don't get me wrong, F is a wonderful cartoon, but it's not "worst" because it's actually funny given the category. O is also pretty bad, but it has a point it tries to convey, so it can't win. P is a nice runner up for inanity, but is too well done. But K... What is it even trying to say?

Worst Label: E Gotta give the Gosse to Gosse (though there is something fantastically awful about G that I won't mind if it goes to Ramirez here)

Least Concealed Bigotry in a Cartoon: O. Does this even have a point other than showing bigotry? (N is a comic strip and can't get a vote, H is pretty bigoted too, but isn't really a political cartoon in the classic sense, C is also bad and worth mentioning, but it's nothing compared to O)

Laziest Cartoon: H Yeah, Gorrell will win the Gorrell with A, but I stand by my nomination. There is something truly lazy in reappropriating a painting that Cagle literally saw at the Louvre.

Most easily reinterpreted: B. Ramirez clearly didn't notice that he made his first liberal cartoon of his entire career.

Overall worst cartoon of the year: C. This one is something else. (Although I is a strong contender)

Best edit/parody: J. I'll admit I didn't follow the edits very closely, but there's something about the sheer number of labels on J that makes it worthwhile. Honorable mention to I for encapsulating all political cartoons for the first half of 2014 in a single cartoon.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Worst Middle East Cartoon: B. Almost impossible to decide, but this one also has an awful pun so it wins out.
Worst Police Brutality Cartoon: F
Worst Caricature: B
Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: K (WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN)
Least Concealed Bigotry in a Cartoon: D
Laziest Cartoon: J
Most Easily Reinterpreted: C
Overall Worst Political Cartoon of The Year: I
Best Edit/Parody: D

Wow, it sure was an awful year. I forgot about so many of those cartoons, probably to protect myself from the mental trauma.

Also: We need more Ye Fowl Herald!

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Okay, let's do this horror.

Worst Middle East Cartoon: C. It came down to Kirschen vs. Kirschen.

Worst Torture Report Cartoon: G

Worst cartoon about a tragedy: D

Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon: L

Worst Label: J

Least concealed bigotry in a cartoon: L

Laziest cartoon: M

Best edit/parody: L

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Too late for nominees, but I'm surprised that the other Greenberg was submitted instead of this one:

He often makes good cartoons. Then again, he also makes some horrid ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Choronzons son posted:

Seems like Ramirez is trying to win it all, huh?

I don't think Ramirez can sweep the awards as long as Kirschen is still working.

• Locked thread