Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

bartlebyshop posted:

Could some kind person link me to the point in the 1520 page main thread where this 9/11 thing was posted? I really want to see everyone else's reaction.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599044&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1496#post439026026

It's less than a week old, so it's a good 35 pages back in the thread. Mostly the reactions are "Wow what a fucker" and "Hey remember that other cartoon that was almost as bad/equally as bad/worse?", i.e. just another day in the cartoon mines. Ramirez has really stepped up the Shitlord Quotient this year though, wanna see him sweep all categories

colonel_korn posted:

Michael Ramirez is human garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost
Worst Middle East Cartoon C (Good lord Kirschen)
Worst Police Brutality Cartoon A
Worst Torture Report Cartoon D
Worst The Interview Cartoon abstain (boo this category)
Worst cartoon about a tragedy D (though G, Chip Bok's sad attempt at a Chicken Little burn is never not funny)
Worst caricature A (Bok-Obama sucks big time but what even is that Holder)
Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon L (Ebola Gay. Ebola Gay)
Worst Label K
Least concealed bigotry in a cartoon B (how lucky we are to be able to choose between "haha blacks are animals, am i right" and J's "haha Obama's an ape, am i right")
Laziest cartoon L (amazing, a non-Gorrell)
Most easily reinterpreted B
Overall worst political cartoon of the year I (G could have been in the previous category, though. haha DEBT is the one thing he didn't break!! Uh I mean it doesn't need fixing!! Wait poo poo)
Best edit/parody D (AHM ♥ YFH)

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Genpei Turtle posted:

Ramirez really outdid himself this year--he only got a few last year and the rest were fairly well distributed across the usual suspects. Though I guess this year Kirschen and Foden are first-time GA winners so that's new.

Also it's funny that Gorrell has not only won the laziest cartoon GA three years in a row, but every year his winning cartoon is even lazier than the one from the year before. Can he outdo himself again?

At this point either he has to forget to sign his own name, or neglect to submit a cartoon at all but his editors don't notice and print a blank space anyway.

• Locked thread