Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

IslamoNazi posted:

This nails it. Think of the Miley twerking business. A thing happened cartoon would just show off a caricature of twerking Miley. They'd completely miss culture appropriation as being a problem.

Hmm, so I guess those 7 identical cartoons all from different cartoonists of that ship stuck in the ice don't count them? They were so incredibly inane that they deserve to be nominated for something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Worst Middle East Cartoon: C
Worst Police Brutality Cartoon: I
Worst Torture Report Cartoon: D
Worst The Interview Cartoon: B
Worst cartoon about a tragedy: F
Worst caricature: A
Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon: I
Worst Label: G
Least concealed bigotry in a cartoon: O
Laziest cartoon: A
Most easily reinterpreted: B
Overall worst political cartoon of the year: D
Best edit/parody: D

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

fool_of_sound posted:

Seven. For six different cartoons. He took the majority of categories.

Ramirez really outdid himself this year--he only got a few last year and the rest were fairly well distributed across the usual suspects. Though I guess this year Kirschen and Foden are first-time GA winners so that's new.

Also it's funny that Gorrell has not only won the laziest cartoon GA three years in a row, but every year his winning cartoon is even lazier than the one from the year before. Can he outdo himself again?

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Rorus Raz posted:

At this point point it's probably best to just rename the category the "Bob Gorrell Achievement in Underachievement" award and make him ineligible for nomination.

Likewise it might be a good idea to rename the "Worst Caricature" category as the "Mike Ramirez Achievement in Non-Euclidean Anatomy" since I don't see him losing that category any time soon.

• Locked thread