Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I had a lot of trouble deciding whether "worst" means "worst opinions" or "worst expression of those opinions".

Worst Middle East Cartoon: C

Ramirez put in a good effort, but Kirschen's combination of really lovely artwork and an open call for genocide takes the crown. We can only hope that the crown is made of angry bees.

Worst Police Brutality Cartoon: B

This was a tough one but Ramirez edges out Rall and Braco.

Worst Torture Report Cartoon: G

I almost voted for D, but G's literally-the-opposite-of-reality approach offends me more.

Worst The Interview Cartoon: A

They're all poo poo but A manages to be both poo poo and incomprehensible label salad.

Worst Cartoon About a Tragedy: H

There's a lot of vile opinions in this category, and also a lot of "what the gently caress is this even trying to say". But in the end I have to go with Gorrell for lazily making GBS threads out a maple leaf and calling it a day.

Worst Caricature: C

Do I go with Ramirez's Captain Flatfish, or Kirschen's actual Nazi propaganda? A difficult choice, but in the end A inspired at least some chuckles for its sheer ineptitude while C inspires only loathing and horror. Dishonourable mention to D, which should win the "most easily mistaken for a bag of popcorn" category.

Worst "A Thing Happened": D

Ramirez makes a good effort with Ebola Gay, but [unreadable squiggle] races past him by turning "a thing happened" into "microsoft employees are literal parasites".

Worst Label: G

There are worse cartoons overall in this category but DEBT DEBT DEBT DEBT DEBT DEBT DEBT. The only other real contender is K, but that is somehow less visually offensive.

Least Concealed Bigotry: C

Holy poo poo in the end I just threw a dart :suicide:

Laziest Cartoon: F

Many of these cartoons are the result of basically zero effort on the part of what we laughably call the artist, but this one has the additional bonus of claiming that Turkey is bent on world domination.

Most Easily Reinterpreted: B

If it weren't signed "Ramirez" I would think this is genuinely and without sarcasm A Good Cartoon.

Overall Worst: G

It looks like someone threw up on my monitor.

Best Edit: D

Ye Fowle Herald, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Choronzons son posted:

Seems like Ramirez is trying to win it all, huh?

I don't think Ramirez can sweep the awards as long as Kirschen is still working.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

I've never seen such a blatantly anti-biblical stance by a Conservative who wasn't also an Objectivist.

The thing is, without a priori knowledge of Ramirez's politics, I honestly can't come up with any reading of that comic except "Obama is cutting the US's comically bloated defence budget and putting that money into the social safety net; A Good Policy". It's not like beating swords into ploughshares is meant to be a bad thing.

It really deserved that win in the AGC category.

• Locked thread