Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I dredged up some real poo poo from earlier in the thread.

Worst Middle East Cartoon

Also one of the most mind-boggling labels of the year.

Worst cartoon about a tragedy

Worst caricature

Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon

Kind of a weak nomination but I thought this JRRose! deserved a revisit.

Worst Label

Most easily reinterpreted

Some other highlights that didn't make my list or defy category:

There are quiet a few cartoons for Ebola and Ukraine, not sure why those got skipped while The Interview gets its own spot.

The Wiggly Wizard fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I forgot about Holbert's watermelon toothpaste fiasco but it has since been eclipsed by all of the Ferguson toons.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Nativity In Black posted:

I feel like Gorrel should get a lifetime achievement award for lazy cartooning and then be disqualified from future aborties. Dudes in a league of his own.

The Catalino bat boy obama seems like a sure thing for worst caricature.

Samuel Clemens posted:

Can we just give Branco a lifetime award for being the dumbest motherfucker alive and call it a day?

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Give someone else a chance. Someone with an exciting, new bad caricature.

Why have awards at all if we're not willing to give them to the absolute worst shitlords of all time? It's not like we need to be inclusive and give sympathy votes to up-and-comers.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Xander77 posted:

You probably meant to nominate this in the (sadly non-existent) "What the hell are you even trying to say here" / "Absolutely no thought given to the message" category.

The Nonsense This Is An Election Year Award for excellence in confusion and/or thread derailing.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Spooky Hyena posted:

Least concealed bigotry in a cartoon

This seems pretty JRRose!-ey. What's offensive about this? Isn't it just a "news item"?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Worst Middle East Cartoon
F
Worst Police Brutality Cartoon
F
Worst Torture Report Cartoon
H
Worst The Interview Cartoon
B
Worst cartoon about a tragedy
H
Worst caricature
F
Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon
J
Worst Label
J
Least concealed bigotry in a cartoon
D
Laziest cartoon
A
Most easily reinterpreted
K
Overall worst political cartoon of the year
D
Best edit/parody
D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Holbert is dumb enough that he simply never considered the racist connotations of a watermelon joke. I can't believe there is any malice in that toon. What bothers me more is that he draws every single character with fleas at all times.

• Locked thread