Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Not My Leg posted:

Worst Label

Things you can blame on Bergdahl. Deserting his post, Obama's decision to do a prisoner exchange, Obama's decision to not involve Congress, and Ross Gosse.

This has to win. Hilariously awkward, inappropriate, shoehorned-in labels are a dime a dozen, but this somehow loses sight of what a label is even supposed to do. It's downright transcendent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

So... Muslim women are dwarves?

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

Worst Middle East Cartoon: H
While the politics are uniformly reprehensible, some of the candidates (such as "Why?") are actually well drawn and make for effective propaganda. This submission by Dry Bones, however, is a failure of cartooning: wordy, lazy and incoherent.

Worst Police Brutality Cartoon: B
Dear lord. This could be printed in a dictionary next to the entry for "victim-blaming." So loving smug, Ramirez.

Worst Torture Report Cartoon: H
I was going to select E, but I'm not certain it even qualifies as a cartoon. In H, Branco seizes a national tragedy as grist for his own unrelated agenda mill. "Environmental regulations are the real torture, amirite?"

Worst The Interview Cartoon: B
Hooray, lazy racism!

Worst cartoon about a tragedy: H
Huh?

Worst caricature: A
The glowing halo carries this abomination to victory. "This isn't even my final form!"

Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon: Q
With minor adjustments to the captions, this cartoon could have been printed at any point during the last 30 years. And probably was. (Although F, literally an "A Thing Happened" cartoon, was a very strong contender.)

Worst Label: K
G's "DEBT DEBT DEBT" is head-shakingly bad, but K is the Jaden Smith Tweet of political cartooning. "How Can Labels Be Real If Cartoons Aren't Real?"

Least concealed bigotry in a cartoon: H
A very difficult pick, but I'm going with this one because it's not even a racist caricature. It's a photograph of a perfectly innocent woman who had the misfortune of posing for a stock photo. Let's assume she's a lazy idiot based solely on her skin color!

Laziest cartoon: J
On a deadline? To the photocopier!

Most easily reinterpreted: B
InequalityGodzilla said it best: "Swords into ploughshares? What sort of rear end in a top hat would want that?"

Overall worst political cartoon of the year: I
gently caress you, Ramirez.

Best edit/parody: G
I thought Bennett's original was actually quite clever, but this parody made me giggle because at heart I am twelve years old. Bonus points for "IDIOT SEES LETTERS ON A MAT."

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

Not that anyone actually wants or needs to see it again, but you didn't post an image for the winner of "Least concealed bigotry."

A round of applause for all your hard work sorting through this terrible bullshit!

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

Pilchenstein posted:

For those who doubted Gorrel's ability to get any lazier, this was his new year cartoon from yesterday:

A Thing Happened Last Year.

• Locked thread