Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Rorus Raz posted:

Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon

It doesn't even refer to a specific thing!

Haha, I remember seeing this when it was first posted, but I only just now understood what it is actually supposed to mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Peel posted:

Could you explain it because I am completely lost here.

I don't remember if this came out back during spring, but if you notice his car and house are full of stuff. It kind of looks like a spring cleaning comic. It's actually a pun. "Stuff happens."

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Varvel's was just a list of the stuff he was in along with a picture of Williams dressed as Mork.

The Williams cartoons weren't bad so much as mostly very low-effort and samey.

vyelkin posted:

I think I remember there being a few that basically said "Suicide is great because now all your pain is over, Robin" that were phrased really poorly to pretty much endorse suicide if you have any emotional problems at all.

This was pretty much the closest to bad cartoons. There obviously wasn't a place for racism or misogyny or any of the other notes that the regulars commonly hit. Just a number of bland ones and some that were really tone deaf to the point of almost glorifying suicide. Still pretty bad, but not really on the same scale as what's frequently seen here.

• Locked thread