Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
Worst Middle East Cartoon: C
What else can this possibly be but a call for genocide?

Worst Police Brutality Cartoon: A
The ones trying to spin "I Can't Breathe" are atrocious, but this one combines awful opinions with an utterly horrific caricature. It's bad on every level.

Worst Torture Report Cartoon: D
I will forever hate anyone who uses 9/11 to justify these human rights abuses.

Worst The Interview Cartoon: B
Really hard not to vote Ramirez here.

Worst Cartoon About a Tragedy: B
A journalist working in a war-torn country was later found as the victim filmed in a brutal murder? Better use this to make an insipid :golf: 'toon! (And one of the McCoys also did this. :suicide:)

Worst Caricature: C
Look at that poo poo. He even gave the base cuckoos red eyes just so you KNOW they're EVIL.

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: E
There are soooo many bad ones here, but gently caress you Tinsley and gently caress your transphobic series of strips.

Worst Label: G
Gosse is too easy. Meanwhile, have 3 DEBTs and 3 OBAMAs on a single joke that doesn't make sense in the first place.

Least Concealed Bigotry in a Cartoon: C
I have never seen so much hatred packed into a single caricature. It would have easily taken that category if it was of a specific person and not a general group. Even the white supremacist cartoons that that Anita Sarkeesian image is based off of didn't feel as hateful as this. Yet Branco still has stiff competition. :gonk:

Laziest Cartoon: E
Submitting a blank sheet (A) takes guts, but pasting a soccer ball photo onto an old Uncle Sam drawing, without even putting a photoshop filter on the ball, takes none. Maybe it could be possible to draw comparison to the famous painting The Son of Man, but I seriously doubt Gorrell put that much thought into this.

Most Easily Reinterpreted: A
How are you supposed to even read this? He's racist for thinking others are racist for calling him racist? What? The straightforward reading, people don't like Holder because he's black, is far easier to reach and makes more sense and would actually be a good cartoon.

Overall Worst Political Cartoon of the Year: D
9/11 again. Both from Ramirez. Somehow this one is even worse than the other one, and then there's everything else he did too Ramirez was gunning hard for the award, on every subject.

Best Edit/Parody: D
I never get tired of Ye Fowl Herald.

maou shoujo fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
I didn't realize until reading the winner's announcement that the Beating Swords Into Food Stamps cartoon was a biblical reference. That is simply incredible now.

• Locked thread