Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Maybe I'll nominate others later, idk.

Laziest Cartoon, special bloc nomination!

Least Concealed Bigotry

I don't even know if that's really a lack of concealment, or a lack of anything other than bigotry. Also, that Chinese Moon rover cartoon is stiff competition.

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

swampland posted:

This would be my nomination if it existed

I defy anyone to make the slightest bit of sense of this

The girl is a literal representation of a statue of a girl with a shark head, which used to be on the waterfront. Buffalo, NY bought it from Cincinnati. An Incredibly Literal Cartoon about a sharkheaded statue.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Haschel Cedricson posted:

You could probably nominate them as a block for Laziest Cartoon.

I've got you covered:

Editing that into my first post, too.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Those "ship stuck in ice where's your global warming now!?" cartoons are inane and dumb as gently caress, but I don't think they reallly get at the heart of what "A Thing Happened" truly is. They're idiotic jabs at an ideology, so they actually stand for something,

They're not for A Thing Happened, they're together as a bloc for Laziest Cartoon. Seven cartoonists independently made identical cartoons with identical artwork. It's a different sort of laziness than Gorrel's "I'll draw a cartoon about not drawing a cartoon" shtick, but I think it deserves a nod anyway

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I don't get what's different between the two sides of this cartoon.

That's because the original was made by Gamergaters and they are really really bad at not being idiots. By which I mean, the one on the left is the villain "Oculass" and yes she was yelling at a neckbearded fedora dork in the original, and THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A BAD THING.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Worst Middle East Cartoon: C
Worst Police Brutality Cartoon: D
Worst Torture Report Cartoon: H - D is a close loving runner-up though
Worst The Interview Cartoon: B
Worst cartoon about a tragedy: J
Worst caricature: A - only because I'm disqualifying G for being an edit (even if it's not a parody edit)
Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon: B - most of those aren't even "A Thing Happened" cartoons
Worst Label: I - "ROMNEY WAS RIGHTABOUT EVERY-THING" has a special place im my heart, but incoherence beats verbosity
Least concealed bigotry in a cartoon: O - (not voting for my own nominee because I'd forgotten about this one, holy poo poo)
Laziest cartoon: C
Most easily reinterpreted: B
Overall worst political cartoon of the year: C - others may be more monstrous, but this one is just so awful on so many levels that I love it and want it to be THE political cartoon of 2014

Best edit/parody: A

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

So I and a lot of other people have had trouble choosing which nominee to vote for because there aren't really any criteria. It's a year away, but I think in the next Gay Abortions we should be able to vote for both an Incompetent and an Odious cartoon for each category. Branco's "Putin-sama so strong, shooting down airlines :swoon:" cartoon simply isn't the same category of awful as Beeler's "Obama cares more about golf than human lives, especially this particular human life, oh no golf club noooo" cartoon even if they're the same degree of awful.

It doesn't work exactly for "most racist" or "worst label," but it does work for most of the other categories, especially "worst caricature." Jesus Christ we needed Incompetent and Odious votes for that, the Holder cartoon is physically unpleasant to look at just because of its geometry, but the Anita Sarkeesian thing is something I still have trouble believing is real, and they both deserve to go down in history as The Worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I looked on his site and on Cagle and there's no sign of it having been created in 2015, either, so I don't think we can pin this one on him.

• Locked thread