Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I took a break from the Editorial Cartoons thread this year, to preserve my sanity. Just seeing these first morsels of what I missed over the last 12 months is already making me want to raid the liquor cabinet.

Edit: We might want to add a category for the shitstorm we're about to see over the NYC cop killings.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Biffmotron posted:

Worst caricature

Can't let 2014 pass without remembering the tornado of misogyny and stupidity that was Gamergate.
"Drawing our enemies as anti-Semitic caricatures will make us look super awesome and cool, like the Nazis."

That's a parody. Right?

right?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

It's a parody of an old "shifty, hook-nosed Jew" racist cartoon from some white power website. Given the general demeanor of the Gamergate movement, I don't doubt that drawing it again with Anita Sarkeesian is intended to be taken seriously to some degree.

I just figured someone made it to satirize GGers by showing them how ridiculous and warped their view of Anita is and

Oh. Nevermind then.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Worst Middle East Cartoon: A
Worst Police Brutality Cartoon: E
Worst Torture Report Cartoon: D
Worst The Interview Cartoon: B
Worst cartoon about a tragedy: I
Worst caricature: B
Worst "A Thing Happened" cartoon: F
Worst Label: K
Least concealed bigotry in a cartoon: N
Laziest cartoon: J
Most easily reinterpreted: B
Overall worst political cartoon of the year: I
Best edit/parody: G

Edit: drat, Ramirez is a horrible human being.

• Locked thread