Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So I got a golden shotgun and it said it was "stored" but I can't find it as an option on my character select. What exactly does that mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

oddium posted:

if you choose a character and then click the ^ next to the weapon on the right side of the screen it'll bring up your unlocked weapon + crowns. you can't do this for dailys though

oddium posted:

if you choose a character and then click the ^ next to the weapon on the right side of the screen it'll bring up your unlocked weapon + crowns. you can't do this for dailys though

I got it for YV and it just shows his golden revolver and the golden crossbow I already had. Is it max of two?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Oh ok. Yeah I had the golden crossbow and the golden shotgun at the same time so it must have just overwritten the shotgun.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Wow just got to 7-1 for the second time and was immediately met by 7,000 enemies standing on top of me. Lame.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Leylite posted:

Yeah, spawn difficulty in this game is pretty much all over the place - sometimes you'll get an easy one and sometimes you'll get a tough one where you're nearly surrounded and have barely any cover. (There's guaranteed to be "some cover" such that you'll have a wall/corner to retreat to, but that might be as little as a tiny piece of thin wall.)

Stuff like this is why I'll always pick up a "bad" weapon if it's a higher burst-damage upgrade, even if it's something slow like a Heavy Crossbow or a Sticky Launcher - being able to kill one or two enemies in a hurry makes a big difference. As dangerous as the Nuke or Super Bazooka can be, they're definitely good enough to deal with most pre-loop bad spawns as well.

Yeah there was a little tiny wall but then a whole bunch of IDPD spawned on top of me and then a bunch of explo-guardians went off. End result was that 5 seconds into the level the entire screen was filled with projectiles. Can't think of how that would have been survivable.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

I just unlocked my first golden weapon by succeeding at YV's mansion (Crystal, golden grenade launcher) :) Still haven't made it past 5-3 yet, and the only time I got there something killed me before Lil Hunter even showed up.

Small Little Hunter spoiler that may be worth knowing to avoid frustration: his shadow shows up before he drops. If you watch for it you're far less likely to get nuked with nowhere to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I won! It was my second time making it to the Throne. The first time I got decimated by the energy beam at the beginning, so this time I made sure to look up the bosses attack patterns first. I was all ready to go...and then it died in like six seconds to my super bazooka.

• Locked thread