Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Looks like you should replace that other battery cable while you're at it and donate it to Sperglord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Maybe later. Right now, the slightest bit of messing with it results in the truck not runningOk. Basically everything in the truck is a hot lead off that post. Custom wiring!

Sounds like it's going to cause a problem sooner or later. What I did to solve that problem was stick a junction block on the inner fender and run everything through that (and one wire from it to each battery terminal), but I'm liking Kastein's solution of using brass marine bolt-on terminals and bolting to that, instead of using the clamp bolts like I'm doing. Your setup looks like a mess, though; I'd tackle that as soon as I could afford a day or two of downtime to sort it out. It shouldn't take that long, but if it's your only ride in the winter months then there's that.

Although, having that "creative" battery terminal on there does suit the rest of the truck. So maybe it's best to just leave it until it fails catastrophically, and fix it then. When in Rome...

• Locked thread